If you had to move to a different state...

Guest JCroz91

Guest JCroz91
I moved from Ohio to Florida, (Ft Myers). It's warm in the winter, hot and humid as hell in the summer. Old people over-running the place in the winter too. I'd move to the East coast around Miami if I were single and into partying. Tampa/St Pete would work too. I rode the motorcycle year round, but it's all boring-flat riding. Fishing was incredible down there. Window tint laws were not enforced. No state income tax. Cops never bothered me with obnoxiously loud exhaust. No front plate. Bikinis? Here and there, but mostly around Spring Break.

seems like the perfect place to live. what would you rather have and ohio winter or a florida summer?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida summer > Ohio winter

Positives in the summer-

The population decreased by half in the county I lived in.

Open lobster season in early August.

The Gulf lays down so smooth that you could take a canoe across the thing.

All kinds of good fishing.

Negatives-

Heat and humidity.

Rain and lightning for an hour every day that you cannot ride through.

Hurricanes.

Guest JCroz91
Florida summer > Ohio winter

Positives in the summer-

The population decreased by half in the county I lived in.

Open lobster season in early August.

The Gulf lays down so smooth that you could take a canoe across the thing.

All kinds of good fishing.

Negatives-

Heat and humidity.

Rain and lightning for an hour every day that you cannot ride through.

Hurricanes.

i could live with that.

no sales tax? so they just pound you on income tax?

no. their rates aren't much different than ours. they actually have two more brackets so you are less likely to fall into a higher bracket by smaller income increases. property tax is higher, but then honestly, the property is a hell of a lot nicer. What I pay on the rental units we own isn't a big deal since it's rental property...I just keep the rates in line.

Virginia. The climate is moderated by the Atlantic. You are within 2 hours of the ocean, the mountains, and the DC/Baltimore metropolis. Another plus is the proximity to a plethora of race tracks.

Yes, the cost of living (housing) is insane the farther north you get.

California or Arizona. Texas might not be that bad either.

Cali because perfect weather, by the ocean...I just always have a good time when I go there.

Love Arizona, only thing that bothers me is that it can get too hot in the summer.

anyone ever been to alabama? my gf wants to go there for school. her mom went there. is it nice?

My mom lives in mobile and I personally hate it there... It is pretty, there are attractions but I really do not like the area.

If your girl wants a badass two year college that is under 1000 a semester to get her associates, and wants to move away look at Delmar.edu

They will directly transfer into any major university in Texas, or if she decides that she really like corpis, there is TAMUCC.edu just down the street!

Hell, just google images Corpus christi, you will all see why I live here.

http://www.texasprepaylegal.com/corpus-christi.jpg

Flyinbrian pegged the reasons why I love Florida. Everyone bitches about how hot it is, but I'd rather have to cool myself in hot weather than the reverse. The hotter it is the nicer a dip in the pool, cold A/C, or an icy beverage feels. Cornhole on the beach with friends, beers and a great sunset? Unbeatable. Also, summers in FL means beautiful golf courses for almost nothing to play; all of the snowbirds are away!!!

It's not the greatest place ever, but it was a lot easier living in FL and visiting family and friends in Ohio and the Northeast. Now, with a child and all of our family in Ohio, being in da 'Bus makes a lot more sense. We will make our way back down to Naples at some point.

BTW, if anyone wants to visit, and be walking distance from the beach, I've got a condo for rent! :)