In this thread you will talk to me about...

Dr. Pomade

I'll echo Antwon I guess....what's wrong with your current 2005 C230 that makes you want to get a new ride? If its got a ton of miles on it sure, I can see some sense in an upgrade. But unless you go barely used, its a crapshoot on reliability. Not only that but you're going to have to come off some major cash to step into one of these cars you're considering, whereas I would think the C230 is paid off and not really worth all that much comparatively.

Just curious.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going 335i, the consensus is to find an N54-powered car over the N55. Now I'm sure the keyboard warriors will get in a huff over this. But http://www.burgertuning.com/; the best tuner for these cars is still holding onto the fact that N54 was more conservatively rated than the N55 and will make more power (stock, or otherwise).

Yup-

I talked a good friend in Vegas to pick up a 335i-he left the dealer yesterday getting a Dana Stage 2 kit installed, and he says it now feels faster than his M6!

With FULL FACTORY WARRANTY

my buddy has had his S5 for a while and loves it. i'd vote for either the S5, 335xi, or the ISF if you're looking for a sedan that will likely stay completely stock, and receive daily driver treatment. personally, i'd be too tempted to mod the turbo car

I think alot of the old VW/Audi stigma stems from the 80's still. My A4 has been FLAWLESS (knock on wood) Closing in on 100K very VERY hard miles of being modded (currently stage2+) and flogged on daily. Burns no oil, and has never had a single reliability issue. I could of taken care of everything they've done under warranty in the past few years for maybe $500.

How about you describe the car it replaced?????

Yeah, reliability is probably more important to me at this point than performance or even aesthetics. I'll likely buy slightly used (or new) and plan to keep it for several years. So, I'll need it to last, and I don't want to have to worry about the thing falling apart three days after it's out of warranty.

For me, right now: Reliability/maintenance > Aesthetics > Performance

- S5 came out in 2008. They all have 4 year/100k warranties

- Used 08's with mileage in the 20k-ish range go for mid 40's.

- If you buy used (you should), get it from a dealer, and make sure it has a CPO (certified pre-owned) warranty on it. That will extend your warranty another 2 years. By the time your warranty expires, you probably will be selling her anyway.

My wife's B7 A4 has been pretty reliable. It is now approaching 50k miles. Only maintenance items we have had to do were tires, battery, and oil changes. Oh, I think I had to replace a taillight bulb, and the floor mats were a piece of shit, so I bought her a set of the Audi Sport All-Weather ones (which are really nice).

IMO, if you want AWD, the S5 is the way to go, assuming you want a coupe.

If RWD is doable...there is only 1 choice - CTS-V. Coupe or Sedan, they are both fucking tits.

Again, I say go GM. The one thing they did right.

http://www.ekozo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/2011-Cadillac-CTS-V-Coupe-New-Car-Pictures.jpg

http://www.automild.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/2011-Cadillac-CTS-V-Sport-Wagon-interior-design-800x600.jpg

You fuckers are making this more difficult for me! :)

First, I'm all about the BMW. Someone posts a pic, it's money. Yay, going with BMW.

Then, we start talking about the reliability issues with respect to the BMWs. Someone posts up the S5 pics. BMW you're out, S5 you're in. Yay for Audi!

Whoops, hold up. Andy starts talking to me about Porsches. My hair product + a Porsche = awesome douchiness. Okay, let's roll with a Porsche. Bye Audi.

Enter the Cadillac. My family had like four when I was growing up, always been a fan. Somewhere, though, the Cadillac got left out of my early considerations. Now all of a sudden it's a major player. Perfect, let's go American, help the economy, look baller, have a fast daily driver. Yippy!

But, wait, I don't really like the Cadillac in white. BMW and Audi look better - IMHO - in white versus the Cadillac, and I have my heart set on a white daily. FUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm going to one-up that picture later.

It would probably be worth the time in lolz.

I could only spare a few minutes in between actual work... I don't think the ownership here would be fooled into thinking rageguy has anything at all to do with auto parts. :p

Edited by twistedfocus
forgot a whole word...

Yup, it would look like that, but...not really a fan of the white on Porsches. So, if it was a Porsche, I would probably have to go with silver.

Won't be long until the whole storm trooper look is played out anyway, just like how murdered out already is. I personally can't wait until pea soup green is in, I'll have the coolest DD ever.