Fuck you AEP

mrs.cos

LOL at you guys complaining about raised pricing. PUCO told AEP to eat shit when AEP said they can lower costs by burning coal, one of the more abundant fuels for power but messy. PUCO also told AEP they cannot raise prices and burn less coal so they basically have to do everything more expensive than before and charge the same for it. Basic business says if your overhead goes up and your pricing stays the same you cannot make money, so AEP said they would lay a bunch of people off and start stealing peoples business hence their big push up north

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said she wasn't prepared. She didn't even have to leave her house for anything. She has a generator that ran her fridge, her deep freezer, some fans and most of her lights. I was quoting your comment.

What I said was on point for the topic. You are arguing that it's worth the money for ALL AEP customers to pay for the clean up. My lights didn't even so much as flicker, yet I'm expected to pay a premium for the clean up???? Fuck you and AEP!!! I run my house with as little electricity as possible. I average less than $30 a month all year with the exception to when it get really hot I turn my central air on to cool the whole house better, and even then my bill is barely in the $40 range.

You said you're prepared to be without power for several weeks. If thats true, why did you need a generator? If you need a generator and don't have one then guess what...YOU'RE NOT PREPARED!!!!!

You are definately mad. Sorry that your rage can not be controlled maybe you should get some medication.

I didnt NEED a generator. It just made it easier. I said I HAD a inverter.

If you dont like AEP then go somewhere else. Until enough people cause AEP to start losing money no matter how hard you flap your gums on a webpage you are not accomplishing anything.

MAYBE I SHOULD TYPE IN CAPS AND PUT BUNCHES OF !!!!!!!! SO YOU KNOW I REALLY MEAN BUSINESS. @@!!!@@!!!! lol

You are definately mad. Sorry that your rage can not be controlled maybe you should get some medication.

I didnt NEED a generator. It just made it easier. I said I HAD a inverter.

If you dont like AEP then go somewhere else. Until enough people cause AEP to start losing money no matter how hard you flap your gums on a webpage you are not accomplishing anything.

MAYBE I SHOULD TYPE IN CAPS AND PUT BUNCHES OF !!!!!!!! SO YOU KNOW I REALLY MEAN BUSINESS. @@!!!@@!!!! lol

What were you running your inverter off of? Batteries? How were you planning on recharging your batteries?????@?@?@?@?@??$%^&**()

My brother works for AEP as an engineer. He sits by a computer as his regular job. When stuff like this hits he gets called out for "storm duty" I talked to him yesterday and his pay check for 1 week is over $3000 after taxes. All he did was walk/drive the lines and call in to let someone know where lines/transformers are down.

I am clearly in the wrong career. What does he get after taxes when there is no natural disaster?

What were you running your inverter off of? Batteries? How were you planning on recharging your batteries?????@?@?@?@?@??$%^&**()

30 minutes on car alternator, charging the batteries was enough time to keep fridge cool for about 6 hours or more. I was using 3 batteries.Had I needed more batteries I had access to about 20 more deep cycle batteries. I plan on investing in quite a few more over the next few months as well as a trickle charge solar power system and a very small generator to trickle charge batteries as well. Within the year I want enough storage capacity to run entire house for several days with just minimal recharge time.

I forgot all my symbols !!@@##!#?????!!!!

AEP Ohio donated surplus food from its staging areas to local nonprofits. In Athens, frozen food, fruit, vegetables, dairy products and other items were donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank and Good Works, a homeless shelter that also provides free lunches to low-income residents. In Newark, food was donated to the Food Pantry Network of Licking County. Extra box lunches were donated to the The Salvation Army.

so is this surplus food part of their costs they want to pass on to customers?

30 minutes on car alternator, charging the batteries was enough time to keep fridge cool for about 6 hours or more. I was using 3 batteries.Had I needed more batteries I had access to about 20 more deep cycle batteries. I plan on investing in quite a few more over the next few months as well as a trickle charge solar power system and a very small generator to trickle charge batteries as well. Within the year I want enough storage capacity to run entire house for several days with just minimal recharge time.

I forgot all my symbols !!@@##!#?????!!!!

interesting I am running CFL bulbs for my garage that doesnt have power off of Marine batteries, didnt realize you could run so much off of so few batteries.

LOL at you guys complaining about raised pricing. PUCO told AEP to eat shit when AEP said they can lower costs by burning coal, one of the more abundant fuels for power but messy. PUCO also told AEP they cannot raise prices and burn less coal so they basically have to do everything more expensive than before and charge the same for it. Basic business says if your overhead goes up and your pricing stays the same you cannot make money, so AEP said they would lay a bunch of people off and start stealing peoples business hence their big push up north

AEP Retail and AEP Ohio are seperate companies. One bottom line is not tied to the other. The government has GUARANTEED that AEP will make 10% profit each year, so you should not be concerned about their profit margins. This IS NOT how a free market economy works, and pretending that it is is folly.

AEP Retail and AEP Ohio are seperate companies. One bottom line is not tied to the other. The government has GUARANTEED that AEP will make 10% profit each year, so you should not be concerned about their profit margins. This IS NOT how a free market economy works, and pretending that it is is folly.

Please explain how the government can guarantee a 10% profit for a company? It's not like the government comes in and says yours costs are this so heres your revenue. Theres just too many factors for anyone to believe this.

+1

Tell me how a company can be guaranteed profit margins but on the same coin is heavily government regulated? Do you work for AEP? Have you not gotten a raise in the last 4 years other than cost of living, maybe.

It concerns me that if enough people do not want to pay for something they will moan until they get their way but gladly pay WAY too much at a gas pump or a pack of over priced cigarettes. Running a company isn't cheap regardless of size, and if your costs go up and you don't raise prices, you end up with nothing.

If the government is making sure they have 10% profit a year they need to pay repairs out of pocket. Sometimes there are losses out of your control when running a business. Sometimes you spend money to make money. It also upsets me when stores charge you 3% or whatever to use a credit card for a purchase. Yes I understand it costs the owner money to swipe the card but I don't care. That is the cost of running a business. If you can't afford doing that without charging extra maybe you should sell your business to someone who can.

If the government is making sure they have 10% profit a year they need to pay repairs out of pocket. Sometimes there are losses out of your control when running a business. Sometimes you spend money to make money. It also upsets me when stores charge you 3% or whatever to use a credit card for a purchase. Yes I understand it costs the owner money to swipe the card but I don't care. That is the cost of running a business. If you can't afford doing that without charging extra maybe you should sell your business to someone who can.

For sure, there are some costs companies need to eat as a courtesy like Discover card charges and the like. In this case no one would buy AEP because they are buying up companies left and right, trying to branch out into different types of energy business. AEP has majorly declined any sponsorship they used to do and a lot of their internal programs are going away.

interesting I am running CFL bulbs for my garage that doesnt have power off of Marine batteries, didnt realize you could run so much off of so few batteries.

I should have been more clear. The batteries would let the fridge run for about a hour with 30 minutes of car running. It would then stay cool for about 6 hours.

Another fuck you AEP from me today. My power went out at 4pm yesterday and they keep moving the estimates out longer and longer, with no reason as to what's going on. We saw crews in the neighborhood last night, but I didn't have a chance to talk to them.

I'm pissed off. I just started buying groceries to replace from the last round of outtages, and now will have to do it again

I don't know if anyone believes in signing petitions, but there's one floating around for AEP to not charge customers.

http://www.change.org/petitions/aep-don-t-make-customers-pay-for-your-mistakes?utm_campaign=share_button_modal&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=24101755#