Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 31 I tore every ligament in my left knee too, had ACL replacement and went through rehab. I know what it's like. (I also had a pretty bad break to my right ankle at the same time) Not hating, the human body is cool, I'm just not as impressed as you. After 3 months of rehab I was doing a lot of things I read him doing at the pro day. All of those things described are rehab work outs for torn ligaments in a knee. Standard stuff. I have a brace in my closet just like he is wearing in other pics. Sorry I offend you.

My brother in law always said they ran a dirty program there and the truth would come out. He had a chance to go interview there for a job, but turned it down due to the fact the hammer will fall soon.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9135194/twelve-auburn-tigers-football-players-failed-synthetic-pot-tests

The day the hammer falls on an SEC program is the day hell freezes over.

They (Auburn) got away with paying Cam Newton (or his dad or whoever) $200k and the NCAA didn't do anything and just went on ahead and let them play in the title game and win. Funnily enough it was against Oregon who actually will likely get some sanctions with a real effect over paying a Texas street agent (Willie Lyles) for recruiting influence.

None of these stories get even 1/4th the attention the OSU "scandal" did and all the OSU players did was trade their own things (awards, rings, etc.) for discounted tattoos. It's hilarious.

The day the hammer falls on an SEC program is the day hell freezes over.

They (Auburn) got away with paying Cam Newton (or his dad or whoever) $200k and the NCAA didn't do anything and just went on ahead and let them play in the title game and win. Funnily enough it was against Oregon who actually will likely get some sanctions with a real effect over paying a Texas street agent (Willie Lyles) for recruiting influence.

None of these stories get even 1/4th the attention the OSU "scandal" did and all the OSU players did was trade their own things (awards, rings, etc.) for discounted tattoos. It's hilarious.

ESPN bias is what's really hilarious.

Funnily enough it was against Oregon who actually will likely get some sanctions with a real effect over paying a Texas street agent (Willie Lyles) for recruiting influence.

Funnily

Funnily

Funnily

Funnily

Funnily

Funnily

• 4 weeks later...
I was at the 08 PSU vs OSU night game. Hopefully this one ends differently

Sadly, so was I. :(

Also, they were discussing on talk radio the possibility of the B10 Network making an Ohio State game a night game?

If I had it my way, the majority of Ohio State's games would be played at night.

If I had to guess, I would say maybe Cal will be at night. Other than that I don't see any games worth being on at 8pm

Florida A&M?

Buffalo?

San Diego St?

Iowa?

B10 still has that rule about no night games in November, so the above mentioned are the only options. I have read that the B10 wants to eliminate that rule maybe as soon as next year

If I had to guess, I would say maybe Cal will be at night. Other than that I don't see any games worth being on at 8pm

Florida A&M?

Buffalo?

San Diego St?

Iowa?

B10 still has that rule about no night games in November, so the above mentioned are the only options. I have read that the B10 wants to eliminate that rule maybe as soon as next year

8pm on BTN. They take anything. I'd guess maybe the opening game with Buffalo

Florida A&M?

Buffalo?

San Diego St?

Iowa?

Is the Cal game a home game?

Cal game could get picked up by Fox as a night game due to their deal with the Pac 12.

And the no night games in November "rule", according to Delany, was never actually a rule. They just strongly discouraged them. Said PSU, Nebraska and OSU have been pushing hard for more night games and that the conference will not stand in the way of a November night game anymore.

Some BTN primetime games have already been announced and OSU isn't one of them...

Aug. 29-UNLV at Minnesota (8 EDT), Indiana State at Indiana (8 EDT)

Aug. 30-Western Michigan at Michigan State (8 EDT)

Aug. 31-Wyoming at Nebraska (8 EDT)

Sept. 7-Southern Mississippi at Nebraska (6 EDT), Syracuse at Northwestern (6 EDT), Navy at Indiana (6 EDT)

Sept. 14-Washington vs. Illinois (6 EDT), Western Michigan at Northwestern (9 EDT), Central Florida at Penn State (6 EDT)

Sept. 21-Missouri at Indiana (8 EDT)

Oct. 19-Wisconsin at Illinois (8 EDT)

So I'd say @Purdue and @Illinois are still possibilities but I don't think the conference would be real eager to start breaking the November night game "rule" for those games...lol.

That likely has more to do with the fact that OSU's primetime games will be on ESPN or ABC.

Right, I'm just talking about the OOC, non-BCS games people were pointing to as possibilities. Those dates are already filled on BTN's primetime schedule.

Ohio State jumps to #1 in ESPN's "Way too early preseason rankings."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9214725/ohio-state-buckeyes-take-top-spot-latest-2013-top-25

If we hold this spot until the season starts, I think we're cursed. :no:

Bama will be #1 overall in the coaches/AP polls going into the season. Those polls don't rank based on where they think teams will finish as much as that article does. They right in the article that OSU isn't better than Bama, just has a better chance of going undefeated.

OSU does need to start probably in the top 4 to guarantee that an undefeated season gets them into the national title game. While a lot of people are in denial that an undefeated OSU team could get left out over an undefeated team from any other conference or perhaps even a 1-loss SEC team I could absolutely see it happening. Need to be top 4 with 2 SEC teams ahead of them and a team like Oregon or Louisville who will also have relative weak schedules and potentially drop a game.

I think the B1G showed decently against the SEC last bowl season. Went 1-2 in Jan. 1 games against the SEC with 2 of the top 4 teams in the league ineligible for post-season play meaning everyone was moved up against competition that was technically 2 spots better than they should have been playing. Michigan barely lost to South Carolina and Nebraska was a lot closer to Georgia than the score showed.