If you had $100,000

dover

as someone who has acted as an owner/operator of auto repair facility(with a sugar daddy corporation) i dont think thats the business i would go in to.

dunno whatd i do with because realistically i'd pay off my house and buy nicer cars/boats

Buy a long-haul truck/trailer setup and become a professional Tourney angler. Use the money to travel the country patterning rivers/lakes, then come tourney time reap the benefits...Sure the wife would love that :lol:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I would do.

Go to every bank in town and buy every Kennedy .50 piece that they had.

Then I would look at each coin for it's mint date.

1964 are 90% SILVER.

1965 to 1970 are 40% SILVER.

You just bought them at .50 each and right now they are worth $10.53 for the 1964.

The 1965 to 1970's are worth $4.31.

Then there are quarters/dimes/war nickels/copper pennies.

So much to be made, so many people in the dark.

Chuck

as someone who has acted as an owner/operator of auto repair facility(with a sugar daddy corporation) i dont think thats the business i would go in to.

Yea but the Sugar daddy always wants some sugar back in return. I've talked to numerous guys who've owned there own operation, called all the shots etc and they've loved it.

There is a ton of opportunity out there when it comes to small businesses. 100K can go quickly depending on what venture you get into but it can also go along way if you know what you're doing. If you are serious about going the business route my advice is to find an industry you are familiar with and look to either identify a problem that can be solved or look at cleaning up an existing operation. Either way just make sure you are getting into something you are personally comfortable with for your first venture.

Don't let anyone tell you 100K isn't enough to do something either. Its honestly not a bad start. Find the right opportunity and then figure out how to make it happen financially.

I thought SBA wanted 50% of the principal in liquid form?

Not through the Patriot Loan (VA/Government backed loan for Veterans) I believe a 7A SBA requires 50% or just cause for the loan, and the cap on that is 3m, I think.

Start a company that sells health supplements. I would start the company small say with two other people. Ill hire them to sell the products to other people. They can also hire other people to work for them and sell my product. All while taking enough money to move my headquarters to an undisclosed island in the South Americas to further run my company. Profit.

Analyze the Columbus market then compare it to another thriving big-city market, see what they have that Columbus doesn't. If I had $100,000 i'd start up a exotic car rental company, rent Bentley's/Royce's at the Airport, Lambo's/Rari's for a night on the town. Got alot of High Rollers doing bidness in the capitol city, surely they want something other then an "econobox" to drive once they get here.

:lolguy:

I'm assuming this is exactly what you did?

:whistle:

Tough to do again these days; lotsa new regulations and the banks are :fa: about lending for investment properties...property ownership tax bennies are still a cornerstone of the U.S. economy :thumbup:

I disagree with acklac7...I think you'll have a greater success rate going online to start a business, rather than focusing on what a finite market like Columbus, OH needs...plus, the "high-end rental car" business model is older than the internet and as likely to succeed as Obama is to cut .gov spending programs.

Another option is to talk with other business owners (family/friends)...there may be a way to buy into a reasonably healthy business as a shareholder, or partner up by paying down some of their debt in return for ownership. Sometimes, existing business owners want to target different markets: that's something YOU can do with your money, and a synergy could form using existing business infrastructure and contacts to make it happen......we're seeing a LOT of mergers and acquisitions, especially with established companies and their baby-boomer founders wanting an "exit strategy"....your $100k could look very attractive to someone wanting to do some aquiring/integrating of their suppliers/vendors...plus there are tax benefits to that money being used/money being made/money lost as a business expense.

Start a micro-brewery/restaurant. Kidding, as $100k would be nowhere near enough to do that, but a guy can't dream can't he?

Seriously, 1st choice would be debt elimination. Pay off my truck and put the rest towards my house, but since that also is not an option:

I would get a ton of professional training education/certificates from places like NK9, SMS, and a few less widely known schools. I would then slowly use the rest to start dog training business. (Technically I still have a dog training business, but I would make it a full time occupation.) I would try to gear it towards, or partially towards disadvantaged kids. I have thought a long time about if I were to start a legit full time business or maybe even nonprofit, incorporating disadvantaged kids into a program to learn about and train dogs. Basically something along the lines of kids who like dogs, who live in poverty, have one parent working 3 jobs, could come and essentially "work" for RC K9 and learn, and contribute after school, summers, etc. and in turn, if that was something they decided to do professionally in the future, I would have a sponsorship program for them to get their formal education/certificate(s) where my business would pay their tuition.

Buy land

Buy trailers for said land

Buy golf cart

Buy blinged out pimp cup to sip jack and coke from

Name said park something cliche

Live like a dirtbag millionaire banging hot white trailer park ass every day all day.

But seriously, just do what I did, buy a few kilos, flip them and start a legal company from that.