College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as much as I'd love to see it, Brax is NOT winning the Heisman this year unless FSU AND Bama lose before the NCG. Even with the rest of the crowd coming back to the pack.

I don't think Winston should be even in the discussion for a heisman based on the rape case. Doesn't matter if he did it or not, he shouldn't have put him self in that position. Just thinking about a Heisman winner that is accused or charged with rape makes me want to cringe. I remember the media stating that Hyde's 3 game suspension was justified. Now what winston was accused of is 100x times worse, where is the critique for winston at?

I would put scUM above LSU, or Oregon. I would put in UGA and PSU once the sanctions are over with.

Recruits love Oregon, have you seen their football facilities? Plus they started the whole alternate uniform trend, which apparently helps recruits pick the school they want to attend. I would never pick a school based on their uniforms alone, but that's the era we are in.

LSU puts kids in the NFL every year, especially defensive ones. The advantage of playing in the SEC also helps them over Michigan in my opinion. You gotta think, most of todays recruits have not seen much Michigan success, they are simply selling them on the history.

Recruits love Oregon, have you seen their football facilities? Plus they started the whole alternate uniform trend, which apparently helps recruits pick the school they want to attend. I would never pick a school based on their uniforms alone, but that's the era we are in.

LSU puts kids in the NFL every year, especially defensive ones. The advantage of playing in the SEC also helps them over Michigan in my opinion. You gotta think, most of todays recruits have not seen much Michigan success, they are simply selling them on the history.

I agree 100% with you on the uniform changes, a place like Ohio State where we have Heisman trophy winners, National Championships, several Conference Championships, Legendary coaches and rich tradition we don't need to change the uniforms every game to get recruits, the Buckeye uniform "IS" an icon

I agree 100% with you on the uniform changes, a place like Ohio State where we have Heisman trophy winners, National Championships, several Conference Championships, Legendary coaches and rich tradition we don't need to change the uniforms every game to get recruits, the Buckeye uniform "IS" an icon

Yet we have sold out and done exactly that. I miss the mid 90's uniforms, big numbers, gray stripes...that is Ohio State football to me. Now we have black stripes, chrome helmets and all white uniforms, no thanks! I understand things evolve and I am ok with that, but some things should be left alone. Hell if they want to do something cool with the uniforms do the damn home/home vs Michigan. I know we have talked about this many times in the past, I would love to see Red vs Blue at the end of the year.

Yet we have sold out and done exactly that. I miss the mid 90's uniforms, big numbers, gray stripes...that is Ohio State football to me. Now we have black stripes, chrome helmets and all white uniforms, no thanks! I understand things evolve and I am ok with that, but some things should be left alone. Hell if they want to do something cool with the uniforms do the damn home/home vs Michigan. I know we have talked about this many times in the past, I would love to see Red vs Blue at the end of the year.

The uniforms have never been "left alone" they have changed every few years forever.

This is true, there has been subtle differences along the years. However the "rivalry" shit is ridiculous, I hate the chrome helmets and neon green looking leaves. Im a traditionalist I guess, oh well I guess. To me OSU it's self sells the product, not some gimmick uniform.

Yeah, but History does sell. Year after year, ND gets good recruiting classes and year after year, they suck. Same with scUM.

Yeah, but History does sell. Year after year, ND gets good recruiting classes and year after year, they suck. Same with scUM.

There was a period of time where ND couldn't recruit, they blamed it on their tough academic standards. Then Weis came and brought his superbowl rings which helped kick start the recruiting again, follow that up with Brian Kelly and suddenly they were able to recruit. Also having a movie such as Rudy doesn't hurt your chances of landing kids. Hell if I were a top recruit today, here is my choices in order

Ohio State

Notre Dame

USC

Florida

Oregon

Texas

Bama

Speaking of recruiting, how the hell does Tennessee have 33 recruits already?

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2014

So here I am, stationed in California. I don't have cable, and can't seem to pick up local channels at all (maybe California doesn't do that any more? I don't know, but I've tried on 2 TVs), does any one have any advice on how I should watch the game? I've tried some really low quality streams, so that'll be my last resort. Also I watched last week's game on Watch ESPN. Which worked great, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be on there this weekend. Thanks for any help!

So here I am, stationed in California. I don't have cable, and can't seem to pick up local channels at all (maybe California doesn't do that any more? I don't know, but I've tried on 2 TVs), does any one have any advice on how I should watch the game? I've tried some really low quality streams, so that'll be my last resort. Also I watched last week's game on Watch ESPN. Which worked great, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be on there this weekend. Thanks for any help!

Ask around for local bars, there are Ohio State bars in every state it seems. We were just out in Santa Barbara a few weeks ago and went to a local "Buckeye" bar, it was like being on campus. Of course, the pre-game started at like 6AM local time :(

Dude, just go to a BW3's?

There was a period of time where ND couldn't recruit, they blamed it on their tough academic standards. Then Weis came and brought his superbowl rings which helped kick start the recruiting again, follow that up with Brian Kelly and suddenly they were able to recruit. Also having a movie such as Rudy doesn't hurt your chances of landing kids. Hell if I were a top recruit today, here is my choices in order

Ohio State

Notre Dame

USC

Florida

Oregon

Texas

Bama

Speaking of recruiting, how the hell does Tennessee have 33 recruits already?

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2014

If I am some super stud that plays football - and I am, I just don't play football - then I'm not going to Ohio State or Notre Dame because I don't want to live and play in cold weather. Fuck the cold, dude. People that say "Hey, that's football weather" when it's below 40 degrees out are just trying to avoid cognitive dissonance.

Dude, just go to a BW3's?

That really is about my only option near by. I'm restricted to about 5 miles around my base (training status, so I have to get a special form in advance if I want to go away). I'll be by myself as my wife has to work, that's why I was hoping someone knew a way to watch it online.

Seeing all of the ESPN things on Facebook recently about the OSU/Bitchigan rivalry, it's pathetic how much Hate OSU is getting from SEC fanboys and FSU fans. No way our schedule is easier than FSU's, they're even with ours or a bit easier, hoping we crush Bitchigan tomorrow and beat MSU next week to prove to people we're the best