College Football Thread v3.0

Dr. Pomade

SO! I have an awesome, true story for my CR Bros! I'm out here in sunny Monterey, California. I made a post recently about how I didn't know where to watch the game. I was alone this morning, with no cable, and thus no where to watch the game in HD. I didn't feel like going out and having to take a cab back, or leaving my dogs alone. So I watched the game on an online steam, at home, alone.

Periodically I would let out a scream in joy, or displeasure as our defense would fuck up a routine play. Cut to the end of the game as I'm screaming in immense joy! Mind you, I've never met my neighbors. I haven't even been entirely sure there's anyone over there, they're always so quiet and they keep their windows covered up like some weirdo Twilight fans. Given the fact that I'm at the Defense Language Institute, this (the Twilight fan theory) is entirely possible.

There's about 26 seconds left in the game. I'm having a gay old time, my pups are all weirded out because I'm hopping around the house (duplex) like a mad man, and there's a knock at the door. I think to myself, "Oh shit, I've been inconsiderately loud", better quiet down. So I answer the door, and to my surprise, it's 2 cops greeting me.

I apologize about the noise and they inform me that that's not the problem. They got a call for domestic abuse, and had to check on it. Yes...domestic abuse.

I get my dogs in their cages and let the cops in to inspect the "scene". When they relize that I'm the only person home and that I was simply watching THE GAME, they begin laughing to themselves about how stupid this call was.

Shortly thereafter, a 3rd car rolls up and its' driver comes to the door. They shoo him off quickly.

I would just like to thank my neighbors for being a couple of weird anti-social tawts that haven't taken the time to come introduce themselves, despite the fact that I wasn't even sure ANYONE lived over there.

Fuck *ichigan, GO BUCKS!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoke absolutely made the right call. His team had all the momentum after the drive and the score, his team had ZERO chance to stop the run in OT, AND, his kicker was obviously completely untrustworthy. It was not dumb, it was perfect. He had a chance to pull it off, and he took the shot. I give him props for it.

Agreed. Right call

I don't think Roby had anything to do with how the defense played today. If anything he saved a touchdown by chasing the Michigan player down while starting out about 40 yards across the field.

Hoke going for 2 was awesome! I told my wife that if they scored he would go for 2. What happens? Exactly what I thought would happen. If they score that 2 point conversion, he is a god in Michigan fans eyes and instantly hated by OSU fans (more than he already is, although I think its more of a we like to laugh at him deal).

That is what a rivalry is about, we all joked about OSU hanging 50+ on them, but in my mind I knew it'd be a ballgame. Michigan pulled plays out of their ass, that had they ran them against other teams they would prob be a 1-2 loss team rather than a 5 loss team. They put all their eggs into the basket for todays game and came a hair short. Next year may very well be the year they knock off OSU. OSU will be losing a ton of players, while Michigan will be returning a bunch of key players.

Oh yeah, WAR EAGLE!!

Roby was fine, if not good, today. He ran down 2 guys from waaaaay behind. He should have had an INT. He recovered the onside kick. He was one of the few guys on defense that actually showed up.

Josh, I was telling my wife the same thing about the 2 point try to end the game. I agree with DJ - absolutely the best call for Hoke to make. Michigan had no chance in OT. Remember their kicker was out, not to mention how they couldn't stop Ohio State to save their lives.

Michigan couldn't have played much better. Ohio State couldn't have played much worse. Lots of mistakes, missed assignments, missed tackles, etc. Yet we won and they lost. That is saying something.

That said, the OSU team I saw play today would get curb stomped by FSU or Bama. Thankfully today wasnt our bowl game. I'm now officially worried about Michigan State.

And as I'm typing all this Bama just scored 99 yard pass play to take lead 28-21. Fuck.

Absolutely cannot see a 1-loss team from any conference being put ahead of an undefeated team from another BCS conference.

But its the SEC and they have the only tough teams.

Even though Mizzou and Texas A&M who weren't really all that much in the Big 12 have come in and held their own and then some.