College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read, he delayed the announcement so that it didn't interfere with the football's teams playoff game(s), he is waiting until 3:00 so that it's after the school day (so maybe there won't be any annoying class bells going off during his announcement), and he's only bringing three hats - Alabama's, Ohio State's, and someone else's (that I can't recall).

Looking at who's left it's going to come down to these guys

Marshon Lattimore DB from Glenville

Erick Smith S from Glennville

Solomon Thomas DE out of Texas

Malik McDowell DE out of Michigan (has official here on Jan 31st)

Those seem to be the 4 most commonly mentioned, as I said I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 surprise commits that no one has on their radar at the moment.

On paper the linebacker and WR class looks ridiculous now

WR's:

#39 Jonnie Dixon

#37 Noah Brown

#26 Curtis Samuel

#48 Malik Hooker (many feel he is a db in college)

#50 Terry McLaurin (Indiana Mr. Football)

Linebackers:

#3 OLB Kyle Berger

#5 OLB Dante Booker

#6 OLB Sam Hubbard

#5 MLB Raekwon McMillan

ESPN, Rivals, and 247 sports has him as the No.1 ILB in the country. I just don't see how scout has him at #5.

Not sure, that's whos ratings I went off on all the guys list. It's funny how differently ratings vary. I will venture to say Dixon just dropped on ESPN's rankings after picking Ohio State, happens all the time lol

Video of Johnnie picking OSU

Some highlights of him:

Interesting to watch the highlights. Couple of things I noticed;

1. Dude is bigger than anyone guarding him. It will be interesting to see him against college level comp.

2. He is not impressing me with his breakaway speed. He get's caught from behind a couple of times.

3. He DOES have some very good hands and adjusts to the ball well. The QB underthrows him on several instances and he is still able to fight for the ball and make the play.

4. I like that he lines up on the outside AND in the slot.

Also, either they have two QB's, one of whom is a lefty, or some of that footage is "mirrored". Not sure why they would do that, but I'm no expert either.

Interesting to watch the highlights. Couple of things I noticed;

1. Dude is bigger than anyone guarding him. It will be interesting to see him against college level comp.

2. He is not impressing me with his breakaway speed. He get's caught from behind a couple of times.

3. He DOES have some very good hands and adjusts to the ball well. The QB underthrows him on several instances and he is still able to fight for the ball and make the play.

4. I like that he lines up on the outside AND in the slot.

Also, either they have two QB's, one of whom is a lefty, or some of that footage is "mirrored". Not sure why they would do that, but I'm no expert either.

1. He attends Dwyer Highschool in Florida who plays some tough competition and are nationally ranked. I think he'll do fine with college DB's

2. He runs a 10.6 100m dash, he could just be tired in the highlight film. Never know what point in the game it was taped.

3. He is supposedly one of, if not the best running WR's in this years class

4. I agree, gives you more ways to use the weapons

Give these guys a year or 2 in a god strength and conditioning program and they will be animals.

He's definitely not a burner but he's incredibly polished. That's what sets him apart. As Orion pointed out, he adjusts well to the ball and he does look bigger than anyone he is playing because he's physically ready for college and he knows how to use that physicality. With Dwyer down in the 2nd half of the state championship game this past weekend he went up against a kid with plenty of D1 offers and beat him on a critical play to take the lead and Dwyer never looked back.

#7 in maroon. He beats him nicely 2 plays in a row there with the 2nd one being the TD where #7 tried to press him and he just did a little move and #7 ends up on the ground and Dixon ends up wide open in the end zone.

OSU has him as an outside guy but with a solid WR core that OSU should have moving forward I'm sure they'll move him around to create mismatches.

As for rankings I like to use the 247composite since it combines all of the sites into one nice, neat ranking. In that ranking Alabama currently has the #1 class with 23 commits averaging a rating of 92.99. OSU is #2 with 19 commits averaging a rating of 92.49.

Marshon Lattimore will be a very nice addition with a 98.23 composite rating.

Going off the composite here are the ratings of the players you listed earlier...

WR's:

#26 Jonnie Dixon

#15 (ATH) Noah Brown

#7 (ATH) Curtis Samuel

#32 (ATH) Malik Hooker (and he will most likely be a safety)

#35 Terry McLaurin (Indiana Mr. Football)

#19 Parris Campbell (could be a Dontre/Jalin type along with Samuel)

Linebackers:

#11 OLB Kyle Berger (I think he's dropped a bit on a couple sites due to his ACL)

#4 OLB Dante Booker

#16 OLB (ATH) Sam Hubbard

#1 ILB Raekwon McMillan

This was expected but maybe happened a little sooner than expected...

Class of 2015 (next recruiting cycle) 5* WR George Cambpell out of Florida decommits from Michigan.

A coach he talks to regularly? Urban Meyer. I think he ends up staying down south but it'll be interesting to follow at least and it's nice that he won't be at Michigan.

This was expected but maybe happened a little sooner than expected...

Class of 2015 (next recruiting cycle) 5* WR George Cambpell out of Florida decommits from Michigan.

A coach he talks to regularly? Urban Meyer. I think he ends up staying down south but it'll be interesting to follow at least and it's nice that he won't be at Michigan.

Was just about to post this, now Damien Harris who is another Michigan commit tweets the following:

Damien Harris ‏@Damien_D1Harris 17m

Here comes the tough decision..

Stadium and Main (michigans scout board) is about to implode lol