College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

Screenie'd.

Rich Rod's WVU might have done it, but I don't see the current WVU standing a chance.

They weren't good b/c of Rich Rod. They were good b/c of the tandem of Pat White and Steve Slaton in the back field.

I love the cycle of college football. I think one of the reasons that people hate OSU aside from our overall idiot fans is because we are always (less a season or 2) dominant.

Name another program that has been consistently as good as us. You'll be hard pressed to name any more than 1-2 over the last 15 years.

None.

Which would you rather have?

Consistency like Ohio State and Oklahoma over an extended period of time, lots of big bowl game appearances, lots of wins, one NC in 15 years, but also several fairly high profile thrashings;

OR

Inconsistency like USC, Alabama, and Miami, with lots of low periods crappy seasons, but with several very dominant seasons and very high profile thrashings of other high profile teams and 3 NC in 15 years.

Interdasting thought. I like that tOSU is always relevant, and therefore always hated.

Anybody else watch the Rutgers-Washington St. game? That was a fun game to watch.

I did. Wanted to see what one of the new B1G teams had. Fun game.

So I just learned of the WOW! not carrying the game tomorrow. Totally irritated. Called wow and bitched. That sucks. Nathan doesn't like watching games any where other than his couch so I guess were just gonna miss it.

There are plenty of places to watch online. I'm watching MSU on a site now.

All that being said, MSU looks pretty good tonight.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The INT? Thats a td in the last game he started. Chew on that for a.second

Huh? I don't follow. I was referring to the INT though.

I think he's looked pretty good so far. RB's have looked pretty good, line is just lacking. They need to open it up a bit too. On defense they need to be more disciplined. Every call is going Navy's way so far, so Ohio State just needs play soundly.

Huh? I don't follow. I was referring to the INT though.

I think he's looked pretty good so far. RB's have looked pretty good, line is just lacking. They need to open it up a bit too. On defense they need to be more disciplined. Every call is going Navy's way so far, so Ohio State just needs play soundly.

The last game he started was in HS. He spent last season rehabbing his knee. His transition is almost that of a true freshman. The INT was pure inexperience. In HS that defender doesnt close on the ball like that

Which calls are you referring to? They have all looked like good calls to me.

I didn't mean in the sense of the calls being wrong, I'm just saying all the mojo is flowing their way. We need to overcome that.

LJ, good point about Barrett's last start. I think he's looked good overall, minus the one derp.