Help me find a daily.

Dr. Pomade

Mazda 6 GT

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=43081&endYear=2015&modelCode1=MAZDA6&showcaseOwnerId=596827&startYear=2014&makeCode1=MAZDA&searchRadius=100&extColorsSimple=WHITE&showcaseListingId=388713147&trim1=MAZDA6|i+Grand+Touring&mmt=[MAZDA[MAZDA6[MAZDA6%257Ci%2BGrand%2BTouring]][]]&listingId=383592536&Log=0

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/hn/1b2ca7b96fd04bea9d4e67f32c8d6b07.jpg

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/hn/dc83f90f14eb4e22a3e9a7061ed4c533.jpg

38 mpg's and under under $25k. In case you want to invest your money else where.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeep Grand Cherokee with EcoDiesel.

My boss just bought one...and it is freaking awesome. Not getting the MPGs that were advertised but is WAAAAAAAAY better than the MPGs of the Hemi counterpart with similar power. Can you find one used yet?

I'm a huge sucker for the CTSv or the M5...I will own both sometime soon...as my DD.

-Marc

Volvo S60 Polestar

Pros:

345hp/369ft-lb

AWD

6 speed flappy paddle

Seats are crazy comfortable

Cons:

18city/24highway

says "Volvo" on the car

regarded as a great car, with a horrible transmission

the v60 polestar is bad ass, too bad about the trans.

Mazda 6 GT

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=43081&endYear=2015&modelCode1=MAZDA6&showcaseOwnerId=596827&startYear=2014&makeCode1=MAZDA&searchRadius=100&extColorsSimple=WHITE&showcaseListingId=388713147&trim1=MAZDA6|i+Grand+Touring&mmt=[MAZDA[MAZDA6[MAZDA6%257Ci%2BGrand%2BTouring]][]]&listingId=383592536&Log=0

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/hn/1b2ca7b96fd04bea9d4e67f32c8d6b07.jpg

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/544/408/hn/dc83f90f14eb4e22a3e9a7061ed4c533.jpg

38 mpg's and under under $25k. In case you want to invest your money else where.

The new Mazda 6, with aftermarket wheels and lowered, is the best looking non-luxury mid-size sedan out there.

While that Mazda6 is certainly a nice car, Mazda might be the worst brand possible for comfort. They pack their cars with tons of nice features and technology, and they're competitive in the market pricewise, but for every nice feature they give you they take away some sound deadening, or some seat bolstering or some other physical comfort feature. I like Mazda as a brand, but it's the opposite of luxury and comfort.

That's why I understand the apprehension for the Hyundai suggestions; they're typically the same in that regard as Mazda, but their luxury offerings break the mold and are really surprising.

Now that I say it that way, I imagine if Mazda attempted to make a $50-70k executive sedan it'd be fucking awesome.

While that Mazda6 is certainly a nice car, Mazda might be the worst brand possible for comfort. They pack their cars with tons of nice features and technology, and they're competitive in the market pricewise, but for every nice feature they give you they take away some sound deadening, or some seat bolstering or some other physical comfort feature. I like Mazda as a brand, but it's the opposite of luxury and comfort.

That's why I understand the apprehension for the Hyundai suggestions; they're typically the same in that regard as Mazda, but their luxury offerings break the mold and are really surprising.

Now that I say it that way, I imagine if Mazda attempted to make a $50-70k executive sedan it'd be fucking awesome.

I honestly Disagree with that statement. I was car shopping in the past year and drover several Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 and I never once noticed any sound deadening or anything that was not comfy. For me, the seats were nice and heated with plenty of comfort and I never once heard any unwanted noise. I will say that this was a personal feeling and not a universal one. I would honestly check out a Mazda 6 or give one a test drive at the very least. A fully loaded one brand new is around 23-24k which is a bit cheeper then the other options mentioned.

I would also say that if you can snag a cadillac CTS-V for a good price they are not to bad from what I hear and they have a Thupercharger =D

Edited by ShowHBK
Research is hard...

You are only about 10k off. :lolguy: 34k with not all options clicked...

omho you really don't need some of the crap in the "options" menu. Sometimes that gets me when I look at pricing. If I am being completely honest here, yes they can go up to 34k on the GT version. I would rather go with the Touring model at 24k (which is what I was referring to in my op) but i guess if you really wanted all the bells and whistles the Grand Touring is 29k - 34K in price. I guess I should have specified the version of the car I was talking about.

I honestly Disagree with that statement. I was car shopping in the past year and drover several Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 and I never once noticed any sound deadening or anything that was not comfy. For me, the seats were nice and heated with plenty of comfort and I never once heard any unwanted noise. I will say that this was a personal feeling and not a universal one. I would honestly check out a Mazda 6 or give one a test drive at the very least. A fully loaded one brand new is around 23-24k which is a bit cheeper then the other options mentioned.

I would also say that if you can snag a cadillac CTS-V for a good price they are not to bad from what I hear and they have a Thupercharger =D

I sell cars for a living. Not to say that a lot of it isn't personal opinion, but as someone who spends all day every day getting in and out of various cars of various years, I can say with near absolute certainty that, compared to the average car in the market, Mazdas are a bit worse on NVH.

They have come a LONG way since their mid 2000s offerings though.