I did something unthinkable.

PRD2BDF

Hey guys I haven't posted much but I do read every day your enjoyable posts.

This past Monday I bought a house. I still reside in Lancaster as the town is more of my type than Columbus or canal or any other city. Yes, it means I still commute to Columbus every day but its not that bad.

The house is a 1920 model. It boasts a kitchen, dining room, living room and two bedrooms. It has a large deck and a fancy wooden carport that can double as an entertainment center.

I will post pictures as soon as I can. Currently in the middle of painting and moving in. I just wanted to share with you guys.

Current plans are simply painting and holding off on major work until summer. Trimwork and doors are original to the house and sadly covered up by 80 years of paint. They will be stripped and restored to original condition. Trim will be sanded and repainted. Kitchen will be repainted after sanding the cabinets. It appears the previous owner had zero fucks given.

I'm on the east side near the hospital.

Current plans are simply painting and holding off on major work until summer. Trimwork and doors are original to the house and sadly covered up by 80 years of paint. They will be stripped and restored to original condition. Trim will be sanded and repainted. Kitchen will be repainted after sanding the cabinets. It appears the previous owner had zero fucks given.

I'm on the east side near the hospital.

My brother painted their kitchen cabinets white in their first home. Amazing results, opened up the whole kitchen area. Though i think they purchase some sort of cabinet painting kit from Home Depot for some reason.

More people coming to their senses. Welcome. You're almost to the good part of Ohio. :)

I believe Lancaster is going to be one of those cities in the next 10-15 years that property values will increase a lot. Once they fix the highways and better connecting to Columbus. I keep hearing about another outerbelt, I'm sure it will include Lancaster.