We did a thing.

MrMeanGreen

Dont get caught up drag racing it and you should love it. IRS on them is better suited to street and turning stuff. Wheel hops like a bitch and not worth the effort for a drag racing car.

I miss my orange one. Congrats.

Stainless steel clutch cable, separate clutch/brake fluid reservoirs, short-throw shifter, and an exhaust should be top of the list. Hope she holds together for you.

It does have a shifter and a Corsa... I will have to look at the other things.

So far so good!

Nice find. Will look great with the black done right ;)

Yeah, you have us spoiled with the detail you did on the G8. They did a detail on it and put something on it to prevent it from getting scratches and rust....... It doesn't look nearly as good as the G8.

Yeah, you have us spoiled with the detail you did on the G8. They did a detail on it and put something on it to prevent it from getting scratches and rust....... It doesn't look nearly as good as the G8.

When I see it sometime I'll look it over and work a deal for you guys. IF and that's a big IF they did any type of correction, even partial, that will go a long way in saving money. Coating wise, I doubt they put anything good on there. Jax Wax and Simonize are two typical car dealer suppliers for what they call coatings but both are very meh at best. I've used them and seen them applied by dealers and like you said, no comparison. The key is in the correction and polish :cool:

When I see it sometime I'll look it over and work a deal for you guys. IF and that's a big IF they did any type of correction, even partial, that will go a long way in saving money. Coating wise, I doubt they put anything good on there. Jax Wax and Simonize are two typical car dealer suppliers for what they call coatings but both are very meh at best. I've used them and seen them applied by dealers and like you said, no comparison. The key is in the correction and polish :cool:

They actually had to send it to a detail shop because the chemical they put on it brought all the swirls and scratches to the surface and it looked like crap. So they sent it out, then reapplied their sealer stuff. It looks good, but not G8 good. Still has some spots that need help.

They actually had to send it to a detail shop because the chemical they put on it brought all the swirls and scratches to the surface and it looked like crap. So they sent it out, then reapplied their sealer stuff. It looks good, but not G8 good. Still has some spots that need help.

I doubt the chemical they used did that.....they probably polished it with a rotary and a wool pad and you were seeing the holograms and micro marring from the wool. My harsh guess is whatever they used is just hiding them temporarily. I see it a lot in New Cars that come to me, especially imports/Japanese ones with soft paint.

That's why when I do a test panel upon inspection/drop off day, I strip the panel first then show the customer that their new car isn't exactly swirl free.

Either way I can do black right and get it looking like this.