What would you DD if you were Oprah rich?

Trouble Maker

Maybe I'm not dreaming big enough, you don't even have to be nearly Oprah rich for these. I'm thinking about 'all around' utility; what is the most outrageous vehicle that you could also drive and function with most or all of the time. Sure, if you were Oprah rich you would have a some really nice super cars, rare classic cars, cars with racing providence that you take to vintage races, something along these lines. Really no one is going to DD these though. Almost anyone with that much money is going to view that type of cars as equally a hobby and equally an investment, so they won't often if every drive them. Like in the what did you see today thread, the picture of the guy who maybe has a 918 but his winter beater is some high spec 911.

For me.

Ferarri FF, or whatever number letter combo they are calling it now.

That one has been on my mind for a while as the 'ultimate' DD. 4 seater hatchish with V12 and AWD. I could imagine being able to drive this every-single-day of the year.

But I just ran across this beauty.

I think I could also drive something like this about 50% of the year, maybe more.

https://glickenhausracing.com/scg-boot

I'd only drive fun cars that don't advertise that I'm Oprah rich. No need for anything big, I have people to move shit for me.

Probably hop between upper tier AMGs and weird shit like LS swapped volvo wagons.

edit: also whatever the largest armored military vehicle I could make road legal is. MRAP or something.

I wouldn’t have to be Oprah rich, but I don’t care much for super flashy stuff and I don’t want the attention of driving something very unique. I’d probably daily a new Escalade with built motor and Maggie 2650 blower, 800-900rwhp luxury barge.

A 1965 corvette coupe with an LS swap and a 6mt.

DSCN0956.JPG

I don't need something rare or numbers matching, I don't need something super powerful, I have always loved the look of mid year corvettes. It's a $50K car right now when one comes up for sale, but by the time I am done repainting it the color I want, with the interior I want (either dark blue with a red interior or green with a saddle interior), and put AC, a posi, and a radio into it figure $60-75K.

So why a car I can kinda sorta afford now instead of something really expensive and stupid? because it is gonna get ruined. If I have learned anything about a DD in ohio, the road salt is going to eat the shit out of the frame and all the metal pieces, and I would need to have fuck you money so I wouldn't feel bad about turning a $75K car into a pile of rusty shit in 5 years. Oh and since the body is fiberglass it won't look like rusty shit while I drive it. after the frame gets to bad to fix, slide a Chris Alston chassisworks powdercoated frame under it with c6 suspension and rinse and repeat.

As a second place runner up I think a factory five 1933 ford with a coyote mill, 6mt, and IRS would be fun to DD. same thing $60K car turning to absolute shit because of ohio winters and honestly I wouldn't even feel bad about it.

A Singer Porsche

Good DD because if I trash it, I can just get another.

those things are so damn cool. Not sure how great they would be as a DD but that would be a must have for sure.

I gotta say i would probably have a variety of "cool cars", someone mentioned a v8 volvo (yup), a Grand National, maybe the gratuitous AMG land missle or a tesla, gotta have a truck of some sort. Maybe like an overland capable Tacoma or 4runner. Just an array of cool, unique cars.