Offical Coshocton Ride 7-26-09

4DAIVI PAI2K5

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang tight friends I will have pics of the bike and guys helping eachother out to get it from the ditch.

I was way back with my buddy but when we got to the bend it wasnt a pretty site my heart went straight to my stomach but when I seen he was okay i had to break out the camera :D

h. tapdancing?

and i have no idea how i missed that when you posted it...

what indeed happened my ron jeremy'd avatar'd friend?

I feel like I need a t-shirt that says 'I survived Coshocton's Devil Road'

Nice ride today guys. Glad everyone is home in one piece and seems to have had as good of a time as I did.

Nice to meet more friends from the board today

I think you can order them online. Two or so riders down that sucks.

Edited by Mr Anderson

I think you can order them online. Two or so riders down that sucks.

It does suck but I've honestly seen worse odds on other rides. I would say we did pretty good for having 30 bikes on this ride.

I was nervous about the rain washing up all that gravel on the road, plus just how crazy the curves are, so I was trying to stay to the back third of the pack.

I still don't understand how we straight lost you Cheech. From what I understand the two of you in the back passed a car, then you waved the guy in the back passed you and then you disappeared. Apparently shortly after he passed you, you went down; but then he turned around to look for you, passed the place where you two passed the car, turned back around and caught back up with us. And at no point did he see you. If that isn't bad luck I don't know what is.

Copper Top checkin' in.

Good ride folks, thanks to the hometown boys again for the tour. The only think that sucked - Parks' pretzel nuggets @ the gay bar. Srsly dude... you like that greasy shit? :p

I'll have to clean the ol' SV tomorrow. Between the high speed gravel, bugs, and horse poo - it may be a daunting task. I am glad and disappointed that I've uncovered a wobble in the bars at high speed... that's a little unnerving.

And thanks for waking my ass up this morning Tod - after this last week, you were right, I needed that ride. You're still king quick on the ride home, but only because Jinx left early. :D I had a close call on that downhill sweeper trying to follow you - I almost crossed the yellow.

All in all - great day, I'll have pics too - soon.

Good ride today. I am glad nobody got hurt and the only damage was to the bikes.

Glad you put that together Parks. It was cool riding with people from all around Ohio.

Some needs to post the pics of us hauling that bike out of the 15ft ditch.

Ron Burgundy was holding me back all day...then when I had the chance to pass him, he threw thumb tacks or something on the ground and put a hole in my rear tire :bigfinger:...thankfully Uncle Punk's baby was carrying plugs and an air compressor or else I would've had to kick Ron Burgundy's bike over. Thanks Uncle Punk, you saved Ron Burgundy's bike!

Ron Burgundy was holding me back all day...then when I had the chance to pass him, he threw thumb tacks or something on the ground and put a hole in my rear tire :bigfinger:...thankfully Uncle Punk's baby was carrying plugs and an air compressor or else I would've had to kick Ron Burgundy's bike over. Thanks Uncle Punk, you saved Ron Burgundy's bike!

Never know what you'll find in uncle punks bag I just know he kept a close eye on it lol

There are no words to describe how scary, exhilarating, asshole puckering, fast, fun, and ridiculous that ride was. I loved every minute!

As to Mr. Ducati 1098s, I hate you... In a very friendly sort of way. Bike and rider were both badass. :cool:

Devil road was ok, but I think it was the second loop that scared me more, I started going faster in all the wrong places. Oh well, it's a humbling experience and I learned a lot from it and I'm still here.

BTW, 503 miles on the bike. Do I get a cookie for longest distance? :D

There are no words to describe how scary, exhilarating, asshole puckering, fast, fun, and ridiculous that ride was. I loved every minute!

As to Mr. Ducati 1098s, I hate you... In a very friendly sort of way. Bike and rider were both badass. :cool:

Devil road was ok, but I think it was the second loop that scared me more, I started going faster in all the wrong places. Oh well, it's a humbling experience and I learned a lot from it and I'm still here.

BTW, 503 miles on the bike. Do I get a cookie for longest distance? :D

I'm not sure which was scarier, sliding the rear tire on gravel going into turns on the devil road, or just all the crazy ass turns on the second loop, which was decaffeinate more challenging.