What holster do you use to conceal?

Outlawz69

Just to head off any arguements

Since Offense is not specifically defined in the ORC you must revert to the accepted dictionary definition, which in the case of "offense" includes breaking moral or social rules.

So YES you COULD be charged, I would doubt that any prosecuting attorney would take it to a grand jury since as JRM mentioned, it's a RIGHT to carry in Ohio, so you are only breaking social rules.

Long story short? A right not exercised is a right lost ;)

You're no where near the mark. You might want to add defining "...with reckless disregard..."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're no where near the mark. You might want to add defining "...with reckless disregard..."

"utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action"

lack of regard or attention; neglect. lack of due or respectful regard.

I stand corrected, you could argue that if you are versed enough in the regulation of what it would take to induce a panic then you have not had a lack of regard.

Either way, won't stop the cop from arresting you if they want to, you'll still have to argue it in court.

"utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action"

lack of regard or attention; neglect. lack of due or respectful regard.

I stand corrected, you could argue that if you are versed enough in the regulation of what it would take to induce a panic then you have not had a lack of regard.

Either way, won't stop the cop from arresting you if they want to, you'll still have to argue it in court.

Wouldn't make it that far and you just might have your self a nice little law suit.

How do you guys recommend carrying with a tshirt? Like I said, I have a pocket holster in the mail, but other than that, man it'd be hard!

What i do to carry under a t-shirt is to buy a left handed IWB holster and place it in the small of your back. Easy to get to and the slack of pretty much any shirt you wear (unless you tuck it in obvioulsy) will cover the weapon. I always make sure to ask the ol' lady, if im wearing a new/different style shirt to make sure its still hidden. Never had an issue.

What i do to carry under a t-shirt is to buy a left handed IWB holster and place it in the small of your back. Easy to get to and the slack of pretty much any shirt you wear (unless you tuck it in obvioulsy) will cover the weapon. I always make sure to ask the ol' lady, if im wearing a new/different style shirt to make sure its still hidden. Never had an issue.

you recommend a left hand iwb over a specific small of back holster?

I tend to wear longer tshirts, I'm not tiny

you recommend a left hand iwb over a specific small of back holster?

I tend to wear longer tshirts, I'm not tiny

The reason i choose a IWB holster over a SOB holster is that it is hard to find a IWB SOB holster. Having the weapon on the outside of the pants makes it harder to conceal therefor losing the main effect. So i choose to use a left handed IWB put in the small of my back which to me, makes the best of both worlds. And, since its in the small of your back, if you ride sport bikes it isnt uncomfortable.

...its all personal choice....i like HIGH retention holsters so i dont have to use a thumb break......a sw MP .40 compact in the waist (leather, high retention no break) and a glock 27 either in the small of the back or on the ankle (ussually that)...i can concel all of the above undr just a t shirt.....

seriously +1, I always wonder why there aren't more unlawful detention or false imprisonment cases.

It wouldnt take much for a LEO to claim "officer safety" If a individual has a firearm in plain view and is acting just a little funny (being stopped by the police) The officer has P.C. to arrest/detain the subject.

I just looked at the front page and thought 'holster' was 'hamster'. I need to lay off the caffeine.

I know where you conceal your hamster :)

I'm excited to get my new holsters, Gonna have to find one that's comfortable iwb, I have a hard time believing it's super comfortable so I'm hoping I'm surprised.

Damn, that's why I'm thinking I'll probably end with pocket, just gotta move some pocket contents around to clear up front right.

Thats exactly what I did. The IWB is good for deep conceal, but it will kill you when you sit and its kind of uncomfortable having a gun pointed at you junk all the time. The hip isnt much better and prints like a mofo.

Im using a blackhawk. I stand by blackhawk products I used many of their products during my Iraq tour. I use a blackhawk belt holster on my side with a .40 S&W M&p I had a saw a little off the bottom so you cant see it under a bike jacket but its really comfortable

Im using a blackhawk. I stand by blackhawk products I used many of their products during my Iraq tour. I use a blackhawk belt holster on my side with a .40 S&W M&p I had a saw a little off the bottom so you cant see it under a bike jacket but its really comfortable

I was going to look into those more, but they don't seem to make a lot of subcompact conceal holsters, andparticularly with their lock it doesn't seem conducive to iwb or pocket.

Thats exactly what I did. The IWB is good for deep conceal, but it will kill you when you sit and its kind of uncomfortable having a gun pointed at you junk all the time. The hip isnt much better and prints like a mofo.

This is why i stand by my small of the back statement. You dont have to worry about the uncomfortableness when sitting because it isnt really uncomfortable at all. You dont really notice it to be honest. Well, i dont anyways. Just a thought...

I was going to look into those more, but they don't seem to make a lot of subcompact conceal holsters, andparticularly with their lock it doesn't seem conducive to iwb or pocket.

Yea the lock is really nice for having it on your side because of the angle of the draw but it would be a pain anywhere else

Um.. that's 100% inaccurate on all counts. Open carry is not illegal and does not justify a 'terry stop' or arrest.

I never said open carry was illegal. Im just saying if a LEO stops you for whatever reason your being stopped, and you have a gun in plain view. A good cop and "articulate" a reason to detain someone. (detain doesnt mean arrest)

I never said open carry was illegal. Im just saying if a LEO stops you for whatever reason your being stopped, and you have a gun in plain view. A good cop and "articulate" a reason to detain someone. (detain doesnt mean arrest)

They can also detain themselves into a lawsuit.