What holster do you use to conceal?

Outlawz69

LEO will always throw out the "Inducing Panic" clause with all OC cases. when you OC at least 1 person will call about a man with a gun. guaranteed. hopefully your gone before they get there. :)

And the LEO still can't do anything about it. Can't induce panic while merely doing something that's otherwise legal.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inducing Panic won't stick... Open Carry does not meet the legal definition of "Inducing Panic". So, even if they threaten you with that, they'd have a hard time proving it in court.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2917.31

2917.31 Inducing panic.

(A) No person shall cause the evacuation of any public place, or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience or alarm, by doing any of the following:

(1) Initiating or circulating a report or warning of an alleged or impending fire, explosion, crime, or other catastrophe, knowing that such report or warning is false;

(2) Threatening to commit any offense of violence;

(3) Committing any offense, with reckless disregard of the likelihood that its commission will cause serious public inconvenience or alarm.

Basically, if you're not threatening harm or to commit a crime with your gun... then you're not inducing panic.

Inducing Panic won't stick... Open Carry does not meet the legal definition of "Inducing Panic". So, even if they threaten you with that, they'd have a hard time proving it in court.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2917.31

Basically, if you're not threatening harm or to commit a crime with your gun... then you're not inducing panic.

I'd give you rep for the back up, but I have to spread it around. That feels so dirty...

I'm not saying they'd try to get you for inducing panic. They would give you what I would call unwanted attention.

True, but the issue here is that some of the tactics they use are to get you to comply with them, are making you feel like you're under the threat of arrest. Saying they'll arrest you for inducing panic is an empty threat. If they did charge you with that and arrest you only for the open carry, you'd probably have an unlawful detention case against the city.

I'm not disagreeing that you wouldn't get hassled. But, legally they can't make you NOT open carry.

My Glocknade 17 conceals well under any kind of jacket/ sweatshirt (I have a belly-band and a cheap IWB holster), but it's a pain in the ass if you're just wearing a t-shirt. Aside from that, though, I love it.

Just to head off any arguements

(3) Committing any offense, with reckless disregard of the likelihood that its commission will cause serious public inconvenience or alarm.

Since Offense is not specifically defined in the ORC you must revert to the accepted dictionary definition, which in the case of "offense" includes breaking moral or social rules.

So YES you COULD be charged, I would doubt that any prosecuting attorney would take it to a grand jury since as JRM mentioned, it's a RIGHT to carry in Ohio, so you are only breaking social rules.

Long story short? A right not exercised is a right lost ;)

My Glocknade 17 conceals well under any kind of jacket/ sweatshirt (I have a belly-band and a cheap IWB holster), but it's a pain in the ass if you're just wearing a t-shirt. Aside from that, though, I love it.

How do you guys recommend carrying with a tshirt? Like I said, I have a pocket holster in the mail, but other than that, man it'd be hard!

Something smallish with a belly-band works alright with a t-shirt. Ditto for IWB at 6 o'clock if the shirt's long enough, although you'll be hanging out if you bend down for anything.

A lightweight button-up with short sleeves might be a better option.

Something smallish with a belly-band works alright with a t-shirt. Ditto for IWB at 6 o'clock if the shirt's long enough, although you'll be hanging out if you bend down for anything.

A lightweight button-up with short sleeves might be a better option.

Good stuff, I prefer a tshirt, so I'm interested in opinions on that... it would be much easier if I had a summer jacket... or wore cargo pants.

What can I say, I like my tshirt and jeans

i was going to say something along the lines of "anus" and "holster" but for the sake of not being raised by wolves, i'll go with fobus paddle holster (great for my p99 when i'm wearing a coat of any kind) or my bianchi IWB holster for my sig P229. i also have a uncle mikes (I think) IWB for my sig GSR (.45 1911 style) but I don't typically carry that anywhere.

oh, and if I'm feeling frisky, an IWB for my p22 is also great. lol

i need to CC my makarov or get me a bersa thunder.

i was going to say something along the lines of "anus" and "holster" but for the sake of not being raised by wolves, i'll go with fobus paddle holster (great for my p99 when i'm wearing a coat of any kind) or my bianchi IWB holster for my sig P229. i also have a uncle mikes (I think) IWB for my sig GSR (.45 1911 style) but I don't typically carry that anywhere.

oh, and if I'm feeling frisky, an IWB for my p22 is also great. lol

i need to CC my makarov or get me a bersa thunder.

There's a Bersa 380 for sale on OhioCCW for 200

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34170

I have been lurking on that site for three or four years and have not found a reason to join. By lurking I mean I get on it about once a week to mostly look at the encounters section. That forum is too heavily modded with a large group of dumbasses, mostly self appointed experts without a clue and no real way to engage them because of the mods.

I have been lurking on that site for three or four years and have not found a reason to join. By lurking I mean I get on it about once a week to mostly look at the encounters section. That forum is too heavily modded with a large group of dumbasses, mostly self appointed experts without a clue and no real way to engage them because of the mods.

I registered to see the marketplace... and hence bought my pistol :)

I registered to see the marketplace... and hence bought my pistol :)

This is motorcycle season full of motorcycle expenses; winter is gun season I need to stay off of the gun boards during the summer to keep from buying too much. I should probably add something constructive to this thread while I'm talking about another one.

My current carry rig

picture.php?albumid=412&pictureid=6661

A good belt is a must.

Here is a link http://www.mitchrosen.com/new_products/new_products.html

As far as the Bersa goes, I know this is like talking brands of motorcycles but I have personal experience with just two of them from different people and both of them had issues. Once the issue was fixed on one of them it has been a reliable firearm. I have never had an issue with my Sig P232.