GI: Ashtabula Covered Bridge Ride?

armith

haha.. not a problem.. I'm just showing off.. took us 3 years to get those shots. Seriously though we'll make sure we get plenty of shots near the bridges, crossing the bridges, etc..

I'm hoping to cap off the last of the route plan today.. leaving now gonna scout the last 2 stops before I go home, tally the mileage and time..

So far the map is showing around 70 miles from start to finish.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha.. not a problem.. I'm just showing off.. took us 3 years to get those shots. Seriously though we'll make sure we get plenty of shots near the bridges, crossing the bridges, etc..

I'm hoping to cap off the last of the route plan today.. leaving now gonna scout the last 2 stops before I go home, tally the mileage and time..

So far the map is showing around 70 miles from start to finish.

Thanks for doing so much recon! Really going above and beyond! Let me know if the pizza shop has a GB sign posted, I know you were going to check on that.

As of now, 40% chance of rain from weather.com, but it seems to change by the hour...My wife might follow in a car and she will have her Nikon D200 camera...

LOST, maybe we can meet up around 9:30? Does that give us enought time to make it the Sheetz on rte 20 and rte 11 just after 10?

I will ride the 1982 GS 850. I'll save the Katana for another ride.

MY wife Kelli said she will hang back in the car and get some shots as we ride by. I have been on group rides in the past. I would suggest we all ride staggered since most of us have not rode together, plus on unfamiliar roads, it give the riders in the right side of the lane room to avoid leaves and potholes. I know when i ride with the sport bike guys, we have one set of hand signals,well, more like foot/leg signals on the sportbikes, and with the "cruiser" bikes we have different signals. So a group rider meeting is a great idea.

MY wife Kelli said she will hang back in the car and get some shots as we ride by. I have been on group rides in the past. I would suggest we all ride staggered since most of us have not rode together, plus on unfamiliar roads, it give the riders in the right side of the lane room to avoid leaves and potholes. I know when i ride with the sport bike guys, we have one set of hand signals,well, more like foot/leg signals on the sportbikes, and with the "cruiser" bikes we have different signals. So a group rider meeting is a great idea.

the only thing that i notice riding with cruisers is they usually don't care about signals lol. I just ride how the rest of the group is riding/// if I don't want someone next to me I hang back... I haven't been on a ride yet where you ride side by the the whole way... over 25 it gets dangerous.

Sounds like a good time and well planned out. I'm in weather permitting. I'm just glad I didn't clean the bike from the attempted Coshocton ride. The gravel and dirt roads do a job on black paint. JRMiii or anyone else want to meet up in the Cleveland area for the ride out? Looks to be about an hour ride to the meet spot.

Sounds like a good time and well planned out. I'm in weather permitting. I'm just glad I didn't clean the bike from the attempted Coshocton ride. The gravel and dirt roads do a job on black paint. JRMiii or anyone else want to meet up in the Cleveland area for the ride out? Looks to be about an hour ride to the meet spot.

Name a place on the eastside and I'll meet you there...I was actually going to propose Ohio Motorcycle but I'm not sure anyone wants to meet there... maybe HD on the eastside just north of there.

Name a place on the eastside and I'll meet you there...I was actually going to propose Ohio Motorcycle but I'm not sure anyone wants to meet there... maybe HD on the eastside just north of there.

I'm in for meeting up somewhere and rolling out there together as well

Anywhere is good for me just need a time and place. Also I'm on the Westside of Cleveland if anyone wants to meet up and ride to the Eastside stop.

Anywhere is good for me just need a time and place. Also I'm on the Westside of Cleveland if anyone wants to meet up and ride to the Eastside stop.

where at westside? If I recall correctly Likwid isn't very far from me either

1. Route complete.. Will be posting route today in some format. In an effort to minimize dirt/gravel riding and allow some slack in scheduling some of these bridges will require us to double back so expect a few occasions where we arrive at a bridge cross over or whatever and end up going back the way we came to stay on pavement. Total route is still under 80miles. there is also room to trim out a bridge or 2 if time becomes an issue.

2. Since it's been brought up.. I have a small list of things I'd like to cover at the riders meeting. There are some bridges that are going to require a little organization to safely get everyone across and handle potential traffic situations.. It was one thing when it was 4 or 5 people but with the potential of 15-20 bikes I've taken some time to be a little anal about the plans. I will appologize now if I come across as a control freak or jerk.. I have the best of intentions and I promise anything I have to say should not make the ride any less fun.. I'd rather go overboard with some of this stuff than be unprepared and put any of my new friends at risk.

3. We have accomodations for guests for anyone who would like to ride out to youngstown Friday or Saturday evening.. (especially those coming from central Ohio OsuMJ, GSXR750Girl, etc..) couch folds to a bed for 2 in our living room and single bed, in the basement which is almost furnished to be a studio apartment. Even tents and sleeping bags for the truly hardcore..lol Free parking of bikes inside my garage. PM me for free reservations.:) Oh and there's free coffee and beer..haha

4. by chance does anyone happen to run Scala Q2 headsets? We just picked up a set and it'd be ideal if someone else had one so we could communicate in the group.. No biggie if not.

Edited by armith

My rear tire cord showing just a lil, front is fine.....I have no time to change it by Saturday......should I show up, just asking for opinions..........

....and see what a hardcore biker armith is........we should have him in the forum long before.........

My rear tire cord showing just a lil, front is fine.....I have no time to change it by Saturday......should I show up, just asking for opinions..........

....and see what a hardcore biker armith is........we should have him in the forum long before.........

I think you're going to get 2 sets of opinions on this one. Personally I'm with option 1, my rear tire was at <20% tread for a bit and I was fine.

1. Don't worry about it, you're not going to be riding hard enough to be a problem.

or

2. Don't ride on it at all, you never know.

I got a Avon Storm rear thats got enough tread to make the ride and maybe even buy you the rest of the riding season.. I pulled it off for fresh rubber for my dragon trip this past summer.. A little squared but certainly could get you thru the day.

If you willing to make a trip down to youngstown we can change the tire out. Or I could meet you in mentor or something tomorrow and bring the tire..

I believe it's a 170/60/17

I think the ZZR is a 180/55.. a 170/60 should work.. just have a narrower patch.. IF anything it'll make it turn in quicker.. If you change your mind, let me know.. I'll keep the rear in the trunk just in case.

Hey do I have to be a paid subscriber to lift the 1 PM every 120 minutes limit?