GI: Ashtabula Covered Bridge Ride?

armith

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah I'm kind of thinking the same way. No problem including extra things. You plan a route that's 100 miles and someone drops off or changes or has a broken leg or sneezes and poops their pants and it takes 10 hours.... or you plan 100 miles and everyone gets on the same page and you get to all waypoints in 3 hours... roll with it

I'm very excited, I'm hoping the weather forecast clears up but knowing the folks here it'll likely be a gameday decision.

BTW I'm most likely meeting up with ScottB, Drak and anybody else who wants to at Vrooman rd. and 90. Time hasn't been discussed yet and my attendance is subject to change if one of two things happen. My wife has to work or it's raining.

Does anyone have a dSLR camera they are planning to bring for this? I'm actually debating a new camera, this is going to be a great photo op...

I will be armith's BOB, I have a Nikon D70 DSLR that I plan on bringing. It is a few years old and doesn't have a fancy zoom lense but it takes pretty nice pictures. I can hop off and take action shots as needed. :D

The memorial is actually a couple miles from our Breakpoint in Jefferson for gas and snacks and stuff.. Dropping the bridge count from 14 down to 11 and maybe even 10 also frees up a little time as well.

As for the weather.. I can understand.. Given this region though.. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it'll change. TWC still hovering on 40% rain..

Afterall if it rains we could just park under the covered bridge right?? :D

I will be armith's BOB, I have a Nikon D70 DSLR that I plan on bringing. It is a few years old and doesn't have a fancy zoom lense but it takes pretty nice pictures. I can hop off and take action shots as needed. :D

First and foremost, WELCOME!! You're the best. I'm sure there will be a bunch of us with little cameras, I just wanted to make sure someone was going to be a photog. Please don't let me forget to get an action shot... I have no shots of me (or me and my wife) on the bike so I'd really like to get one.

If anyone has a collapsing tripod please let me know, I'd be happy to keep it in the saddlebag so EVERYONE can be in the pictures.