what tires???

Jcroz91

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a new tire machine and would put em on cheap cause i need the practice(what ever you get). its a no scratch type. Just a warning about take offs (I'm a big fan of) make sure you inspect them before you buy them sometimes when taking them off they get the bead or seat torn which could cause a leak down the road.

Edited by ninjascott

If you have the money to get the Pilot Powers, then get them. They last a decent amount of time as long as you use most of the tire. They grip great, and better than most in rain if you get caught in it.

As far as tires to stay away from, anything with a harder compound, unless you do mainly freeway/highway ridding. Harder compounds and corners are not friends.

Shinko is normally a softer tire, but most of the time they are terrible in rain from my information gathering. They are known for drag racing more than street. They would be like a Drag radial on a car.

The Diablo Stradas are working great for me I've got 4400 miles on the set and from the looks of the tires I think I've got about another 3-4k to go and have never had them slip awesome in the rain.
Pirelli Diablos Stradas, little harder wear compound in the center of the tire. Softer on the sides for grip traction.Rated to 149mph+ Best prices I've found are at Iron Pony, mail order. See if there's someone local that will mount them for you. I pay a friend of mine $15.00 a wheel for mounting on an air assisted changer that has protected spoons. Avoids wheel scratches

I'm also running these , love them over the bt021 and pilots.

got mine for $95/$131.. 120\190, from:

http://www.sbcyclesonline.com/

a GOOD (local) guy i'm in a group with.

http://www.sportbikealliance.com/

I'm also running these , love them over the bt021 and pilots.

got mine for $95/$131.. 120\190, from:

http://www.sbcyclesonline.com/

a GOOD (local) guy i'm in a group with.

http://www.sportbikealliance.com/

whats the fattest tire you can fit on a stock rear rim? i want a big tire. i like the way big tires look on cars and bikes in the rear. does it make a diff riding wise?

whats the fattest tire you can fit on a stock rear rim? i want a big tire. i like the way big tires look on cars and bikes in the rear. does it make a diff riding wise?

190/55/17

Any bigger than that and you'll start to lose your lean capabilities and in general you're just putting too much tire on too small of a wheel. Putting 275s on an 8" wheel of a car isn't nearly the same as fitting a 5 inch tire on a 3.5" Motorcycle wheel.

I'm cool with that. Just let me build up my collection of leather before we go. Ya know, whips, gags, pants, head covers. All the stuff you like. :p

Assless chaps, and I'll show you some roads off of 28 that will keep you smiling for a month.:D

Sumanabeech!! All chaps are assless. If they had asses' date=' they'd be leather pants!

GAWD!! :rolleyes:[/quote']

I bow to you, oh master of the chaps. Only not in chaps- that'd make Don's day.

So' date=' funny story...

Lyns and I were taking our CCW class. I was wearing a standard fanboy Ducati shirt when we were approached by a friendly guy that claims to be from London, originally, and rode a Trumpet. We start yacking it up when the crowd of Harley owners starts to creap into view. I can tell they own HDs because they're all fat, stupid and wearing HD shit. Anyway... we get on the discussion of chaps and how ridiculously useless they are in a crash. Lyndse said that the reason chaps are so popular amongst the HD crowd is that Harley Davidson is the bike of choice for homosexuals in America. The Brit said he'd never heard that and asked just how many Harley owners are gay? Lyns replied, "Every last fucking one of them!"

I thought I was going to be shot. It was funny and scary at the same time.[/quote']

:lol: EPIC!

Just put Bridgeston BT016's on over this summer and have about 1.2K on them. I can BARELY see a change in wear pattern on the center, and that's only because I've been eying them. I'm sure you can find good deals on those out there.

Tires, as you can see, are a hot topic, everyone has different tires for different riding types.

Just put Bridgeston BT016's on over this summer and have about 1.2K on them. I can BARELY see a change in wear pattern on the center, and that's only because I've been eying them. I'm sure you can find good deals on those out there.

Tires, as you can see, are a hot topic, everyone has different tires for different riding types.

But everyone has the same opinion on chaps though.:)

where do i go to get tires put on? like iron pony or something?