What should I do?

Likwid

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I was actually just thinking about that... a few years ago I drove an Aveo at the Cleveland auto show in motion... I broke it...

No joke, I was fucking around with it, putting it into neutral than red lining it and shifting it into gear... put it in reverse while moving... it ended up NOT shifting out of drive so I had to pull the emergency brake while in drive... was pretty funny.

All the more reason to get the Aveo, if you keep breaking it the shop will have to keep giving you loaner cars, the WORST they could do is give you another Aveo loaner...

Play your cards right and you could drive everything, BUT your Aveo for the payment of an Aveo.

Whatever you do, don't by a sticking hybrid. They are not worth it in the long run. Battery cost 7 grand, lasts about 5-7 years. Most warranties are 5 I think. And plus they are not cost effective original cost vs mpg

Yah, for what you get a hybrid is just not worth it... I love the commercial where the guy talks about his hands not smelling gas. When was the last time you filled up gas and thought "man I wish they had a convenient way to pump gas without getting it all over!"

Yah, for what you get a hybrid is just not worth it... I love the commercial where the guy talks about his hands not smelling gas. When was the last time you filled up gas and thought "man I wish they had a convenient way to pump gas without getting it all over!"

lol I havent seen that one. They are coming out with the nascar style fillers. just stick in and pump ;)

My car lease ends in March.

I'm not selling the Vulcan.

I'm going to need a new car and I'd like a sport.

So couple questions; assuming a budget of $25,000:

I'd like a nice car (relatively nice)

I'd need a bike that can handle my size and I'll have fun riding...

Give me some ideas.

Motorcycles have always been the priority in life for me, so I never have had less than 2. About 4 years back, I had about $30k in motorcycles and a $4500 car (used Accord). Strangely, being a Honda kinda guy, 2 years ago I stumbled into an absolutely georgeous black Acura 3.0CL with only 28k miles on it for just $10,000. Super nice car. OMG, well yeah I bought it. But dammit, black is a major PIA to keep clean and my anal side rode up to keep the thing perfect. Yeow - after 6 months, I couldnt stand it, I had to sell it. The OCD on that car was driving me wacko... that plus the bikes was too much to handle. So I replaced it with another $4500 Accord. ---

See a trend here? So $25k? - wow, lets see, $5k for a car and $20k for bikes. Hmmmmmm.....;)

MD

oh yea don't waste your time with dealerships right now unless obviously you are going to get a deal on an '09. With the car market the way it is you'll save thousands buying from a private party....you know like me lol