What should I do?

Likwid

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a min everyone knows the U.S. makes cars that can't handle for crap. A few are the exception. But top gear still gets ahold of them to show us what crap they still are.

with the exception being the new corvette.

i think for a bike, the FZ6 or FZ1 would be a decent commuter sport-ish bike. as for the car, you gotta give us some direction or else...well you see what happens if you dont. :cool:

with the exception being the new corvette.

i think for a bike, the FZ6 or FZ1 would be a decent commuter sport-ish bike. as for the car, you gotta give us some direction or else...well you see what happens if you dont. :cool:

+1 an FZ1 would be a great choice for a big fella like you ......also, the bike shop down the road has a brand new b-king for $8,999, that would leave you enough for a slightly used nissan 350Z, or if you need 4 seats, a subaru WRX Edited by timotheus

I was thinking of it actually.... still trying to figure out some stuff so I'm a month or so out I think.

It'll still be for sale I'm sure. Although theres a small chance the wheels may get sold and stock 19" wheels will be going on in their place, but only if the guy ponies up the difference in value in cash. Lucky for you that will just bring the selling price down :D

Right now its freshly detailed and half winterized sitting under a cover in the garage waiting for someone that will give it more use than I! Plus I think I found its replacement already if it lasts

Edited by Bad324

My car lease ends in March.

I'm not selling the Vulcan.

I'm going to need a new car and I'd like a sport.

So couple questions; assuming a budget of $25,000:

I'd like a nice car (relatively nice)

I'd need a bike that can handle my size and I'll have fun riding...

Give me some ideas.

MazdaSpeed3 and my VX800 :)

Took a look at some car lots and have realized a few things...

1. Don't answer any questions when approached, that includes "How you doing?"

2. When asked a question that can't be dismissed say "Good, I'll let you know if I need you"

3. Used car lots are retarded if they don't post the prices on the cars

4. The internets > riding around and stopping in

Definitely think the bike is going to have to be a twin or a liter+ (so an SV1000 would be good), but convincing the wife I need a 2nd bike is going to be the hardest part... can't buy it and not tell her again... I'll be murdered.

As for a car, unless I want to lease again, used is going to be the way to go, and since car lots are retarded and I can't do my research on the spot I think I'm going to make a decision online and find it.

Also, this may be painfully obvious to most, but I need to NOT finance at the dealership... ie find a loan and then go to the lot and do nothing more than negotiate the out the door price... I've never done that before but it seems like that's the ONLY way not to get fucked.

What a 20 something kid with an ear ring and toothpick stuck in his mouth telling you he's got just the car you need and it was driven by a little old lady who went to the store and back, but He'll sell it to you today for $1000 under what they got it for, but there's another guy that will be picking it up tomorrow...... This doesn't make you whip out the wallet? :lol:

You are wise to get in touch with several lenders to compare rates and credit limits befor going to look at vehicles.

What a 20 something kid with an ear ring and toothpick stuck in his mouth telling you he's got just the car you need and it was driven by a little old lady who went to the store and back, but He'll sell it to you today for $1000 under what they got it for, but there's another guy that will be picking it up tomorrow...... This doesn't make you whip out the wallet? :lol:

You are wise to get in touch with several lenders to compare rates and credit limits befor going to look at vehicles.

LOL I know, and what's sad is that's almost exactly how my last car purchase went down.

Today I got the following people hassle me, in order of difficulty getting ride of them:

30yo with way to greased hair

50yo with bad tie and "I'm a manager" attitude

65yo

20yo black guy trying to be cool with me "yah man, I saw you looking at that one and I was like 'awwww man I can help him"

Several 30-50yos that left me alone when I said "Just looking, I'll holler if I need you"

I've found having my bright orange ear plugs helps, as long as they're close enough to see them, never take off my sunglasses (they come off for 3 seconds while I take my helmet off or put it on), and don't acknowledge any questions other than to greet and get them away from me. "Hyundai or Mitsubishi?" What? Just looking *while turning around*.

I know these folks are just trying to do their jobs, but I'm not their key demo and their not going to make a sale on me, so I'm saving them some time, but it sucks they lost their "ups" to me.

Another thing I found funny... the most aggressive kid... I didn't notice until I was leaving... their showroom is a CPZ... so even if I saw one and he convinced me to come inside I would have had an easy "sorry pal, can't go in there"... money talks and in these times they shouldn't be turning away sales.

Are you looking at private sellers, too? Once you know what you want, keep an eye out, and I bet you can get as good, if not better deal than you'd get from a (new or used) dealer. It may take a little longer to find what you want for the price you want, but MOST private sellers I've dealt with seem MUCH more honest than any dealer.

Smartest thing I've read' date=' all day.[/quote']

And it was even from a 'tard like me! LOL

Seriously though, we're trying to get control of our financial situation, and one thing we've been taught is that you are much better off saving up for a car than to finance one. Save what you would put into a car payment, and you'll be able to buy something and be paid off sooner. If you keep saving, and trade up every year, you eventually have a much nicer vehicle, since you don't lose a huge amount over 1 year on a used car.

Example, you can afford a $400 car payment. Save that amount for 10 months, you have $4000. Sell that $4000 car a year later for $3000+, add $4000 - 5000 that you would have been putting into a payment, you now have $8000. It's just hard to get started on this, since you need something to drive while saving the first amount to buy with.

And it was even from a 'tard like me! LOL

Seriously though, we're trying to get control of our financial situation, and one thing we've been taught is that you are much better off saving up for a car than to finance one. Save what you would put into a car payment, and you'll be able to buy something and be paid off sooner. If you keep saving, and trade up every year, you eventually have a much nicer vehicle, since you don't lose a huge amount over 1 year on a used car.

Example, you can afford a $400 car payment. Save that amount for 10 months, you have $4000. Sell that $4000 car a year later for $3000+, add $4000 - 5000 that you would have been putting into a payment, you now have $8000. It's just hard to get started on this, since you need something to drive while saving the first amount to buy with.

yea at this rate it would have taken me into the century to get my truck. there is zero-low % rates right now. and hell of delas of 09 models

yea at this rate it would have taken me into the century to get my truck. there is zero-low % rates right now. and hell of delas of 09 models

It would happen quicker than you think. In my situation, financing is not even an option, for 2 reasons. One, my credit sux balls, second, since I've gotten into too big of a mess too many times, I've decided that credit is not a good thing for me to be using. Besides, I can have money in the bank MAKING money, instead of paying someone interest. If I had a NEED for a vehicle, I might think a bit differently, but I don't need a bigger, better, or more expensive vehicle to live my life! My car is worth maybe $1500, but it's paid for, still runs great, and looks decent. It also helps that when anything breaks on it, I have the resources to fix it!

New cars = loss all around, just something I'm not in a position to take on.