What should I do?

Likwid

My car lease ends in March.

I'm not selling the Vulcan.

I'm going to need a new car and I'd like a sport.

So couple questions; assuming a budget of $25,000:

I'd like a nice car (relatively nice)

I'd need a bike that can handle my size and I'll have fun riding...

Give me some ideas.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you're buying a car (budget of $25K) AND a bike? a sportbike? is the budget of $25K for both car AND bike?

for car, do you want RWD, AWD, FWD or does it not matter? how big does it need to be? roadster? 2+2, or 5 seats or moarr?

for bike, if you want something moarr "sportbike" like, how uncomfortable are you willing to go? or do you want it to be comfy? do you want fuel injected?

so you're buying a car (budget of $25K) AND a bike? a sportbike? is the budget of $25K for both car AND bike?

for car, do you want RWD, AWD, FWD or does it not matter? how big does it need to be? roadster? 2+2, or 5 seats or moarr?

for bike, if you want something moarr "sportbike" like, how uncomfortable are you willing to go? or do you want it to be comfy? do you want fuel injected?

Either a small suv or a "sporty" car, like a mustang, camaro, or genesys coupe.

bike not too concerned about comfort but I would like to be able to ride it to cbus and backb in a day without wanting to die. fi would be a nice to have

I see a wish in his right hand, I wonder what's in his left? :lol:

If you were just getting a car I would recommend a Nissan Altima V6 as a stealth car that will actually move! At least mine does. :)

Edited by buildit

if you are worried about your size on a sportbike, go dig through the pics forum and find a pic where some dude has a chick on the back who weighs a metric ton. Whatever kind of bike that is, go get that one. Then, with whatever you have left, buy the nicest car you can put snow tires on so you can drive that bitch next winter. I'm not saying you're that big, but if it can handle Wynona riding bitch, you are in like flynn.

Matt... get an SV650S, it'll be like having the power of your Vulcan but handle like it's on rails. That would be a good cheap starter sportbike for you.

Car wise, why not just get a cheap econobox and beat the shit out of it (Chevy Cruze, Malibu, V6 Camaro) until you're ready for another cheap econobox when the warranty is up? Cars are overrated anyway if you're looking to be economical about things.

the bike will have to be used fo sho.

does the car have to be new, or can it also be used?

if the bike and car are both used with total budget of 25K, go with:

car: Dodge Magnum RT AWD (get a 08 if you can, but you can easily get an 06~07 for under 20K). it has AWD, can haul an enclosed trailer, has 340HP and a shitload of torque and STILL gets about 30mpg on the highway (not when it's hauling something though)

bike: SV650s is a great suggestion. I'd also suggest a 600F4i as the quintessential comfy yet very sporty bike. Tpoppa's selling his for less than 4K i think.

that should be very close to budget after tax.

If the car has to be new, you'll be very limited. assuming your bike choices are the same, for a car I'd personally go with a VW GTI, or a Civic Si (sedan or coupe). Not sure how much the genesis coupe is. Can't you get a mustang or camaro or something in a V6 for around 20K?

Yep, parts are still widely available though because the car is actually built by Holden of Australia. Just has a Pontiac badge. ;)

So the car cost 10-15,000 and the replacement parts take 12 month to arrive and cost more than chrome parts for a BMW GS 1200 adv. :rolleyes:

So the car cost 10-15,000 and the replacement parts take 12 month to arrive and cost more than chrome parts for a BMW GS 1200 adv. :rolleyes:

Brakes are from a C6 Vette. Engine and trans are in every LS based vehicle made by GM (Which is a lot). Any Holden specific parts are stored in a GM warehouse in Warren, MI. Parts availability in 30 days max. And if that doesn't work, Cleveland Pick-a-Part has enough parts to build multiple GTOs. Don't discount the car just because Pontiac isn't around.

Likwid, driving mine wouldn't be a fair comparison with the extra power and upgraded clutch, but if you find one for sale around Columbus I highly suggest giving them a try. You might be surprised. If you have any questions, just PM me, I'm very familiar with these cars and most GM sports cars.