What should I do?

Likwid

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, sounds like a good idea!

That's what I did when I bought my truck. The woman told me she got a certain percentage, I forget what exactly she said. She told me about stuff she knew when I asked and if she didn't know, she said so and that she could find out for me. I totally believed she was being pretty honest with me. She's didn't push to buy it or anything. We later referred a friend to the same dealer and she tried the same moves with another sales lady. The woman was like, oh no we don't get commisions here. And came up with whatever she could for questions about the car. I think our friend ended up buying the car through our orginal saleswoman in the end. Although I will NEVER go to another car dealer again. My next car will be through the auto auctions. It's too easy to get a really good deal.

What's wrong with Saab 9-3s? I see a ton of them in the 14-17k price range... 2.0 turbo...
Saabs suck ass.

saabs are expensive to repair. look elsewhere

That and every one I have seen come into the shop have been real beaters. Seems like everything goes wrong on them. And do they STILL put the ignition in the center console on the new ones? Oh that drives me insane.

What's wrong with Saab 9-3s? I see a ton of them in the 14-17k price range... 2.0 turbo...

Look at the BMW 323 Ci. It's the lower power straight six. My buddy has one and it's a really great car.

Speaking of which, I know of one in Dayton for sale right now. Seems like a good price. Disclaimer: I don't know this guy. Just saw the car on a local car forum.

2.5L I 6

25 city/ 30+ highway mpg

5spd Manual w/Traction/Stability Control

125k Miles

Sport Package (Sport power seats, lower stiffer suspension, 17" Wheels)

Premium HK 10 speaker sound system

New waterpump, Thermostat and coolant @ 104k

New Brakes with Elliptical Performance rotors @ 110k

Fresh Fluid Change: Engine, Transmission and Differential with Royal Purple Synthetic

35% tint (not shown in pics)

No accidents, very solid smooth driving car. Will be hard pressed to find a nicer one around! All records available since new.

$9200

bmwfrontend.jpg

SNV32429.JPG

bmw%20010.jpg

bmwengine.jpg

That and every one I have seen come into the shop have been real beaters. Seems like everything goes wrong on them. And do they STILL put the ignition in the center console on the new ones? Oh that drives me insane.

you don't like that? I'm in favor of push button and center console.... but point taken ... I figured if there was 10000 available there had to be a good reason.

you don't like that? I'm in favor of push button and center console.... but point taken ... I figured if there was 10000 available there had to be a good reason.

No I don't mean push button. The ignition switch is in the center console. Insert key, turn to start, let turn back to run. I just feel its really akward and in the way.

Look at the BMW 323 Ci. It's the lower power straight six. My buddy has one and it's a really great car.

Speaking of which, I know of one in Dayton for sale right now. Seems like a good price. Disclaimer: I don't know this guy. Just saw the car on a local car forum.

Right, because those are SO cheap to maintain and repair. And yes my friend, BMW's DO break.

If you want to go on a budget and get a decent car and buying something with a rebuilt salvage title doesn't scare you, you might consider that. The good side, you can get a nice car, sometimes almost new for nowhere near the price of the same thing new or even used.

The down side, you'll only get wholesale price for a loan, some bankswon't loan on them.

No car lot will take a rebuilt salvage title car on trade, so plan on driving the wheels off it.

Make sure you know the rep.pf the builder.

Just go out and get a sh*tbox new Chevy Aveo - cheap and has 5 yr warranty, so everything wrong is someone else's problem, and it'll have everything you need to transport you, the wife, and your 3 pussies (4 counting yours) to wherever you need to go in the cold and inclimate weather when you're not jockin' Scarlett... the only reason you want a car nicer than the Aveo is because you think you gotta keep up with others', or think you "deserve" it. But, if you insist... Cobalt, Malibu, Impala, Camaro... but that's going to cut into your sportbike fund. You started this thread stating you're on a budget, so if you don't like the options, then you're not really wanting to stick to your budget.

/thread

Edited by JRMMiii

Just go out and get a sh*tbox new Chevy Aveo - cheap and has 5 yr warranty, so everything wrong is someone else's problem, and it'll have everything you need to transport you, the wife, and your 3 pussies (4 counting yours) to wherever you need to go in the cold and inclimate weather when you're not jockin' Scarlett...

/thread

LOL, I was actually just thinking about that... a few years ago I drove an Aveo at the Cleveland auto show in motion... I broke it...

No joke, I was fucking around with it, putting it into neutral than red lining it and shifting it into gear... put it in reverse while moving... it ended up NOT shifting out of drive so I had to pull the emergency brake while in drive... was pretty funny.

Aww fuck you edited. I haven't really strayed from the original post... 25k budget, looking to spend a certain amount on a car because I know I won't be able to ride a majority of the year... so I want something I'll enjoy driving.

Edited by Likwid

It's all gravy :) I think I'm struggling because I don't know exactly what I want... I'm waiting for something to jump out at me and nothing has...

clearly you need to stop over and peer into my garage again :D and when I start it up I bet that could be the kicker, least it was for me when I bought it