What do you guys use for Carry/Conceal?

Moto-Brian

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always preferred semi-automatic, but it's quite simply, a matter of personal preference.

If you need more than 1 shot you're in trouble... before anyone brings up the amazing speed on the professionals and a revolver that's simply not the norm.

I love semi automatics, but again, that's personal preference, all major brands are manufactured with precise standards, yes a semi has more "parts" to go wrong, I'll take the design, convenience for magazine reloading and fancy features.

Arguing about one being the other is the same as arguing about wearing a helmet, voting for/against an issue, or whether someone is "hot" or not, so long as an "informed" decision is being made noone's mind is going to be changed.

I'd like to OC a cowboy action, would definitely get you some interesting conversations.

Now that it's jacket weather I'm carrying almost 75% in a shoulder holster, but I still put my IWB holster in my pocket in case... but I don't have a problem open carrying... now if I go to Cleveland OC isn't even an option right now :-\

typical encounters...

55% of gunfights take place 0-5 feet.

20% of gunfights take place in 5-10 feet.

20% of gunfights take place in 10-21 feet.

95% of gunfights take place in 0-21 feet. (Source- FBI)

The average man can cover 21 feet of ground in 1.5 seconds.

The average man cannot draw a gun from concealment in under 2 seconds.

The average gunfight is over in 3-5 seconds.

3 to 4 shots are usually fired.

springfields are some damn nice weapons. I think my next pistol will be a 1911, i'm hoping for either a Wilson Combat or Nighthawk. There was a guy with a springfield 1911 in my ccw class yesterday... couldn't put more than 2 rounds on a foam plate per clip.... he admitted it was all him, though. you could tell he was thinkin about the recoil. ofcourse i wouldn't consider that a conceal gun at all.

how odd you say that cuz in our paper today was a whole story about a guy that does those from here :lol:

that is pretty ironic.

and schmuck, those EMPs look pretty damn sweet. A little pricey to me for a conceal gun, though.