Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

On 6/27/2016 at 3:29 PM, Wojo72 said:

Strike 1! First offer on a bike shot down!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Attempt #2 went much better.  I have a deposit down and the bike is on order.  Hopefully pick it up in a week.

We will just miss each other the wife and I will be on the Canadian side 16th -20th

That's sucks, yea I have the 20th off too but the wife dosn't. The 21st is my birthday so that's how we chose to spend my 40th. Rolling up with a local group of cruiser buddys and staying right on Clifton Hill on the CA side.

6 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

How are those batteries doing?

Sent from my iPhone.

I haven't used them much.  My video from the Epic Ride was choppy. I need to work on the settings of the Go Pro to make or smoother. 

I will mostly use them on the dirt bikes with the kids. 

I understand how the whole trackers and cookie s thing kinda works when you are shopping online and they tailor the ads you see by what you are shopping for. That doesn't bother me. I just wish that it would also recognize when you have made a purchase of said items and are no longer interested in looking.

• Upvote 2

On 7/1/2016 at 3:18 PM, JustinNck1 said:

My office building is a ghost town today.

that was me yesterday. we were in a code red most when I logged in at 1 and stayed code red until 6. After 6 it dropped to a code yellow and by 9 I was waiting 30-60 seconds after I'd get off a call and a new call came in.

Tuesday is going to be nuts...

Also manged 60 miles today, all twisties. No cops, little traffic. Wore the tire back down round which was the goal.

On March 2, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Staubig said:

She weighs 135lbs. I think he mixed drink was placed a little late it the evening. She blew a .109 I believe. Turns out Ohio has a zero tolerance law, you can get a OVI with ANY alcohol in your system. They've got it set up now where OVI is the blanket charge and then the have a sub charge (BAC) that they tack on as well. She got both charges, they dropped one. First time offender with a year of probation and a year license suspension. I live in Wayne county and they bring the hammer down.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This crap has turned into a business. Only thing I can tell people is to lie. "Sir/Ma'am, have you been drinking"? The only answer is NO! At that point it's the LEO determination to proceed. Never and I mean never incriminate yourself. Of course just my opinion. Flame away. 

Oh, and house hunting sucks. Anyone have 5 acres, 4+ bed house with basement they want to get rid of? Out buildings a plus. Must be within 30 miles North of Lewis Center. 

6 hours ago, 0hi0 said:

This crap has turned into a business. Only thing I can tell people is to lie. "Sir/Ma'am, have you been drinking"? The only answer is NO! At that point it's the LEO determination to proceed. Never and I mean never incriminate yourself. Of course just my opinion. Flame away. 

Oh, and house hunting sucks. Anyone have 5 acres, 4+ bed house with basement they want to get rid of? Out buildings a plus. Must be within 30 miles North of Lewis Center. 

The correct answer is, am I being detained or am I free to go? If they respond they are detaining you tell them you need to consult with a lawyer until you can answer any questions.

• Upvote 1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/07/03/security-daytona-international-speedway-coke-zero-pulse-shooting-terrorism/86656084/

maybe im just dumb, but why would terrorists attack a nascar race? I mean after all it's a bunch of woman beaters and homophobes in attendance.  

Shit just doesn't make sense B.

Edited by zx3vfr

There's a high % of assholes that ride the left lane at exactly the speed limit in NC and they will not get over. When safe to do so someone could pass on the right then merge left and drop to a few mph below the speed limit causing the left lane home slices to merge right. 

2 hours ago, Gump said:

There's a high % of assholes that ride the left lane at exactly the speed limit in NC and they will not get over. When safe to do so someone could pass on the right then merge left and drop to a few mph below the speed limit causing the left lane home slices to merge right. 

I don't bother with the slowing down part.  They are probably texting and would end up driving up your back end.  I'm not gonna risk my car for their shit driving skills.  Now pennies tossed out the sunroof?????  ?

7 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I don't bother with the slowing down part.  They are probably texting and would end up driving up your back end.  I'm not gonna risk my car for their shit driving skills.  Now pennies tossed out the sunroof?????  ?

Some people are enjoying sitting in the left lane, on purpose, completely paying attention knowing theyre ticking off tons of traffic. They deserve quarters.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gump said:

Some people are enjoying sitting in the left lane, on purpose, completely paying attention knowing theyre ticking off tons of traffic. They deserve quarters.

Years ago there used to be one on north 270 and one on 315 that would deliberately do that in the mornings. They were self proclaimed vigilantes for freeway "safety". Both were removed by police, but it took a while. It got bad, made the news, caused other people to join in the blockade, across all lanes. It was nuts.

4 hours ago, ReconRat said:

Years ago there used to be one on north 270 and one on 315 that would deliberately do that in the mornings. They were self proclaimed vigilantes for freeway "safety". Both were removed by police, but it took a while. It got bad, made the news, caused other people to join in the blockade, across all lanes. It was nuts.

One picked up his daughter who worked near me and got off at the same every afternoon.  What shocked me is the amount of people who slow down instead of honking, or passing on the right lane, or tailgating.  

The fact that they think their speedometer is absolute and everyone's read  the same explains their mindset. I drove a housemate's Hyundai excel that red 10kph low and people would blow by on surface streets with speeding cameras when you were "going the limit".

11 hours ago, Gump said:

I had a friend that did this. One day on his usual commute I happened to be going the same way from an install so I gave him an ohio pass then brake checked him. He nearly shit his pants and got him to stop doing that because one day it was gonna be someone who wasn't me and took it further 

• Upvote 1

I don't think I could commute in big city bullshit traffic everyday. I don't have that kind of patience to deal with idiots.

Same here, I like my 11 mile commute through the farm lands. My wife drives into Cbus 73 miles each way for work. The difference? She has a career she loves and likes the people she works for and with. I can't say that.

Same here, I like my 11 mile commute through the farm lands. My wife drives into Cbus 73 miles each way for work. The difference? She has a career she loves and likes the people she works for and with. I can't say that.

Tell the truth Tim, she just likes the extra time away from you.

• Upvote 2