Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

38 minutes ago, what said:

Well, I tried Scorpion gloves over A* this time since the last 2 pair of A* that I had failed after 1 season of use. I'm happy to report that the Scorpion gloves have started to fail after 1 ride.

Do I just have shit luck with gloves or is it hard to find a pair that will stay together for around $100? Both offending pairs are below, I'd recommend avoiding them.

Scorpion: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-sgs-mk-ii-gloves 

Alpinestars: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-smx-2-air-carbon-gloves 

Hands down best gloves I've purchased have been a pair of Five gloves. They are a little pricey but my current pair just started to fray some seems and such after 2 seasons and 16,000 miles on the bike. I think mine are the stunt model,very well vented,lots of protection and felt broke in day one. 

1 hour ago, what said:

Well, I tried Scorpion gloves over A* this time since the last 2 pair of A* that I had failed after 1 season of use. I'm happy to report that the Scorpion gloves have started to fail after 1 ride.

Do I just have shit luck with gloves or is it hard to find a pair that will stay together for around $100? Both offending pairs are below, I'd recommend avoiding them.

Scorpion: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-sgs-mk-ii-gloves 

Alpinestars: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-smx-2-air-carbon-gloves 

I've had good luck with my Held gloves. i've been thinking of picking up a pair of these.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-sambia-gloves

4th quarter has finally broken me, if I just didn't get in to the office an hour ago I think I would just get up and leave to head straight downtown for the world series and not come back until next week

40 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I went RST gauntlets this time around instead A*'s.

2/3 pairs of my A*'s gloves have holes in them from just normal wear over the years. Mostly in between the fingers where there are perforations in the leather.

Yeah, my A*s stitching came undone on the palm (both pairs) and holes worn through the (so called) leather finger/thumbtips on both hands. Stitching is coming undone on the Scorpions, stitching that I checked to make sure was good the day I bought them. I wore these gloves to work today (about 5 miles), and for about 2 hours over the duration of the Fall Gap Trip. In that time, they have begun to fall apart. Seriously, wtf?

** on the other hand (hurr dee durr!), the el-cheapo pair of gauntlets I got for the track have held up like champs for 2 years of hard riding: http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/ImageName/G323_GLV.JPG/Brand/Brooks/c2/Riding-Gloves/c3/Street-Gloves-Mens/c1/Street-Products/KitKey2/G323-Leather-Race-Gloves

Edited by what

I have heard alot of complaints about the A* but mine are solid after 30(ish) track days a couple races thrown in there and 4 crashes. 

However I am going to replace them with a set of custom heroic gloves over the winter. 

• Upvote 1

I got 2 pairs of leather gloves from Iron Pony for maybe $30 total.  The Track GP gloves are my regulars, and the Kevlar Xpert gloves are my backups.  I like tourmasters, but my gloves seem to touch pavement and get holes in the leather, before they start falling apart.

21 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

I have heard alot of complaints about the A* but mine are solid after 30(ish) track days a couple races thrown in there and 4 crashes. 

However I am going to replace them with a set of custom heroic gloves over the winter. 

I think A* has 2 different tiers, honestly. Their high-end stuff seems to hold up pretty well and people seem to really like it. Their low/mid-end stuff (up to $120 or so) might as well be made of wet paper towel and elmer's glue. Would be nice if their quality standards were consistent throughout their brand. 

My Employer: We're shutting the machine down for a couple hour's to do some maint. We know your on OT right now so do you want to leave early or stay?

Me: What is there to do if I stay?

Employer: Nothing really

Me: Okay, I'll just stay then.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

My Employer: We're shutting the machine down for a couple hour's to do some maint. We know your on OT right now so do you want to leave early or stay?

Me: What is there to do if I stay?

Employer: Nothing really

Me: Okay, I'll just stay then.

:lol::lol::lol:

You are more motivated than me, I'd be out of there in a heart beat. 

21 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

2 hours I'm now spending siting around doing absolutely nothing. Just paid for almost half my tires I just bought. ;)

48 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Hours of free OT where you can dick around on the internet just like you'd be doing at home... why not?

5 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

10 minutes from twisty roads and decent weather :dunno:

I suppose, however as 2T² pointed out, gotta pay for the tires somehow on your race bikes. 

Edited by what

1 minute ago, what said:

I suppose, however as 2TT pointed out, gotta pay for the tires somehow on your race bikes. 

Sad part is if I left work early, i'd go home and clean the bike. It is filthy from the Gap Trip and I want to start doing some winter maintenance. 

1 hour ago, JustinNck1 said:

Sad part is if I left work early, i'd go home and clean the bike. It is filthy from the Gap Trip and I want to start doing some winter maintenance. 

Haven't washed mine yet either, and I hit a dusty gravel road that day I road the Devils triangle.

Edited by 2talltim

I'm getting a google review from a girl because I wouldn't accommodate her request to break California state law........

first she she wanted my last name. I said sorry can't give that out. 

Second she she wanted my supervisors email so she could tell her how great of a job I do /sarcasm I told her no. It has personal information on it. 

Third i I offered to send her over to an escalation line to speak to a supervisor immediately she declined. 

Thats when hen she wanted my last name and said she was going to leave a review on google. 

Lolololol. how hard is the concept of don't fuck with people who have your full name, address and access to your credit report 

5 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Why do reporters on the11 pm news do live on location reports at places where normal things happened during the day like the courthouse that closes at 4:30?

Or stand out side of a bank because one just like it got robbed across town :lol: