Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

Just now, Bad324 said:

for $2000, sure.

But seriously, I don't do European torture racks. I like my ST's too much after having the VFR

Lets face it, with twin's coming, you wont be able to go on rides long enough to need a full ST, short around town trips where you totally need to full potential of a super sport :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Lets face it, with twin's coming, you wont be able to go on rides long enough to need a full ST, short around town trips where you totally need to full potential of a super sport :)

lol what you talkin about willis, they are 5 months old already and I'm ready to GTFO :lol:

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bad324 said:

lol what you talkin about willis, they are 5 months old already and I'm ready to GTFO :lol:

fair enough I'll modify my statement:

Lets face it, with the twin's, you wont be able to go on rides long enough to need a full ST, most trips witll be short around town trips where you totally need to full potential of a super sport :)

On 12/4/2016 at 9:08 AM, motocat12 said:

Bought a new mouse. The wheel axle had a burr catching and would squeal after a few spins. Opened it up lubed it and bent the Price is Right clicker out. Smoothest mouse wheel ever.

Dude, optical mouse. Buy an optical mouse. Or are you talking about the scroll wheel that most mice have?

Edited by TimTheAzn

I understand mistakes happen, but denying it just pisses me off. I scuffed one of my brand new chrome wheels for my truck when installing the tires. My fault, low profile tires are a pain in the ass and I was in a hurry. Good thing the rim saver tires cover it up.

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I got four new OEM wheels for the Outback when the shop scratched two with the tire machine. They denied it happened at their shop, I lost my mind and then they ordered a complete new set. 

I should yell more often. 

This was on my new truck. Alloy wheels. Blew a tire on some shoddy road repair. I forgot to take a picture in front of the tire guy and remind them, don't scratch the wheel. Fuck them, just fuck them. Dude didn't say a word. I try to use locally owned businesses whenever possible but I'm sick and tired of lying BS. 

9 hours ago, o-no-moto said:

Finally fixed and got all the check engine/abs/ traction control lights off on the dash. Hate seeing those damn lights on.

You pull the bulbs on the dash? jk

8 hours ago, Tonik said:

Shit man, I curbed a wheel on my kids TESLA. 1500 bucks.

It was awesome when I told him...'So Dave, remember when you were a kid and you wrecked the hell out of my car.....'

LOL I forgot what my dad broke of mine recently but when he told me, I told him I've broken so much of his shit over the years, I cant really get mad. haha

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tonik said:

Shit man, I curbed a wheel on my kids TESLA. 1500 bucks.

It was awesome when I told him...'So Dave, remember when you were a kid and you wrecked the hell out of my car.....'

I remember you telling me this story, didn't you say there was a place that can repair them instead of replace?

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Apparently that depends on how bad you curb it.

One I did was a light scuff, the ones on the other side that the previous owner did are a little worse. As much as the rim sticks out past the tire I'm on the fence of even worrying about it. Basically because I know it's going to happen again.  

3 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

I just realized that I have done more research on a $600 snow blower than I did on my $$$$ motorcycle purchase.  WTF is wrong with me?

But can you ever really regret a motorcycle purchase? Except for the few here who regret every purchase.:nono:

On the news this morning new car safety by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, cars were docked points for not having bright-ass enough headlights. 

They actually did lower scores for glare too though...

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/ratings-info/headlight-evaluation

New IIHS ratings show most headlights are lacking - Insurance ...

“The field of contenders is smaller this year because so few vehicles have headlights that do their job well.

Manufacturers are focusing on improving this basic safety equipment, and we’re confident that the winners’ list will grow as the year progresses. "

22 hours ago, motocat12 said:

But can you ever really regret a motorcycle purchase? Except for the few here who regret every purchase.:nono:

I kinda sorta did.  The FZ07 and I never really clicked after a year and a half, but it was a safe choice for a starter bike.  Puzzled me because everybody seems to LOVE that bike.  I don't mind  the GSXS though.   :)