Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

8 hours ago, Casper said:

I was approved for Global Entry today. No more waiting in lines for passport control/customs. No more taking off my coat, shoes, belt, etc. No more pulling out my laptop and liquids. Today is a happy day.

Global entry sounds very dirty... Especially if you have a line for to take your clothes off.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Casper said:

I was approved for Global Entry today. No more waiting in lines for passport control/customs. No more taking off my coat, shoes, belt, etc. No more pulling out my laptop and liquids. Today is a happy day.

I had to look it up: http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

I assume you travel alot?

I had the TSA Pre for a while for domestic. Really liked it, till apparently someone decided to charge money for it and it's gone...

edit: Looked it up. Now $85/5 years, application, fingerprints, interview appointment and documentation. And.... there are ways to get reimbursed for the cost. Mostly certain credit cards, particularly corporate cards like American Express.

Edited by ReconRat

12 hours ago, Casper said:

how much $$+time+paperwork did you have to go through to get this?  I might have to start travelling, and I'm curious.

1 hour ago, redbarron77 said:

how much $$+time+paperwork did you have to go through to get this?  I might have to start travelling, and I'm curious.

$$ = $100/5yrs

Time = An online application. Needed a bunch of previous addresses and employer info. Maybe 30 minutes. Then I waited two months or so for my application to be approved. Then I had to do a face-to-face interview with a CBP officer. They have offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Port Clinton. I went to the one in Port Clinton. Interview is ~15 minutes. Had to take my passport with me to the interview and was fingerprinted. 

Paperwork = Just the online application 

Totally worth it. And supposedly as long as you don't have any criminal charges within the five years, renewing is as simple as just paying the $100 for another 5yrs. Global Entry includes TSA PreCheck. They do a much more thorough background check apparently for GE.

45 minutes ago, jporter12 said:

This might be interesting...  Or bad.

It's defintely not bad. I hate to be cryptic but I can divulge more in a week or two once all of them family and close friends know 

Ok, so apparently a double whiskey and 2 short light beers and some fancy chicken wings over a 3 hour time span gave me a hung over....

Two angry orchards and a mixed drink over a 4.5 hour period gave my girlfriend a DUI.

Sometimes drinks hit me weird too though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On February 27, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Staubig said:

Two angry orchards and a mixed drink over a 4.5 hour period gave my girlfriend a DUI.

Sometimes drinks hit me weird too though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Woah. That's a bit strange unless your girlfriend is 80lbs or the mixed drink contained eight shots.