Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

1 hour ago, jporter12 said:

Not bad for a guy that bends wrenches for a living!

We also get all sorts of vehicle "problems" that work just fine for us, but not for the customer...  Sometimes it's the loose nut behind the wheel, others it's a valid concern, but we can't catch it failing.

4 hours ago, jporter12 said:

We also get all sorts of vehicle "problems" that work just fine for us, but not for the customer...  Sometimes it's the loose nut behind the wheel, others it's a valid concern, but we can't catch it failing.

Classic case of pebkac in the IT world.

• Upvote 2

Don't ever buy a Samsung dishwasher.... 

Between the constant smell and failure to drain because of broken plastic pieces I'm ready to throw this piece of shit in the dumpster. 

Our stove, fridge and microwave and washer and dryer all Samsung have never given a single problem, but this dishwasher... Ugh

Lol my co-worker deals with all the Samsung Appliance installs at work and it's amazing the complaints we get from stores of how they don't want the appliance displays up because Samsung is nothing but junk. It's like night and day compared to their TV's and Phones

It was a tab from the top rack adjusters that had broke off before we moved in an the tab was lodged in the drain line. we replaced the adjuster but never found the tab. On the plus side scrubbed out the inside and it's been running a cycle with no errors for 25 minutes.

LG and the higherend Whirlpool stuff is the only way to go for appliances. Did a lot of research before we bought our washer/dryer and last dish washer. As far as washers go I'd steer clear of all front loaders too, not saying there isn't a couple decent ones but you will pay dearly for them, The new HE top loaders are by far best band for buck. Maytag/amma/Kenmore are all made by the same any more and they are garbage too.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

LG and the higherend Whirlpool stuff is the only way to go for appliances. Did a lot of research before we bought our washer/dryer and last dish washer. As far as washers go I'd steer clear of all front loaders too, not saying there isn't a couple decent ones but you will pay dearly for them, The new HE top loaders are by far best band for buck. Maytag/amma/Kenmore are all made by the same any more and they are garbage too.

If you don't have a front load washer and dryer, where will the wife store junk?

On 3/9/2016 at 9:08 AM, 2talltim said:

Maytag, Amana, and Kenmore, are all made by Whirlpool.  Same crap, different badges on them, and maybe a few more gadgets on some of them.