Think you can corner?

RSVDon

I have found my new bass boat...! :D

I'm no expert, but the title of that video, "Jet boat..." sure seems to contradict with what I'm seeing in the engine bay. Looks and sounds like a big ol' Chevy (or Olds/Ford/Dodge/etc), not a turbine/jet.

Semi off-topic: Anyone here ever see Art Arfons with his twin jet engine "tractor" at a tractor pull? To me as a 12 year old, that was about the coolest thing ever. Then girls came along...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtUB1yI035g

I have found my new bass boat...! :D

I'm no expert, but the title of that video, "Jet boat..." sure seems to contradict with what I'm seeing in the engine bay. Looks and sounds like a big ol' Chevy (or Olds/Ford/Dodge/etc), not a turbine/jet.

Semi off-topic: Anyone here ever see Art Arfons with his twin jet engine "tractor" at a tractor pull? To me as a 12 year old, that was about the coolest thing ever. Then girls came along...]

Jet refers to the drive system, think JetSki. Art Arfons is from Akron,OH and his son Craig was killed in a water speed record boat in FL.

Jet refers to the drive system, think JetSki. Art Arfons is from Akron,OH and his son Craig was killed in a water speed record boat in FL.

Shoulda thought of that, but I was only on cup #2 of my morning coffee.

So, "jet" in jet boat=the method of propulsion, not the engine type. Now, a "motorboat" has a propeller but not a motor (a motor being electric, not "Nascar-speak" for an engine), and a jet boat has no propeller and no jet engine.

Makes perfect sense! Weird boat people....

I'd like to know how they remember what the course is. Looks like he was just driving in a random pattern.

Thats what the passenger ( navigator ) is for. If you search youtube for onboard stuff you will see the navigator with his hand out front "sweeping" either Left or Right to let the driver know what way to turn next. It's kinda like WRC where they do the same thing through a radio system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGzKcypnBlA

Edited by fox_racing_guy