Christian SportBike Association Ride #1 for 2010

600ZZ4eb

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebon or JCMathis, do you know if this ride will be split into a 'fast' group and a 'not as fast' group? That's how it was run on one ride I managed to make it out to last season and it seemed to work out pretty well...and considering how we'll be up near Coshocton, I know there will be plenty of temptation to take off at a pretty good clip :burnout:

I would think about this if it started and ended in Millersburg.
We use the start point that we do because its central to most that attend these rides and the pastor of the church we meet at is a CSBA member as well and he's got the doors unlocked when we stage so the bathrooms are availible. You're welcome to join in along the route too. We'll be doing some longer one's in the season too that may be more worth your while.
Ebon or JCMathis, do you know if this ride will be split into a 'fast' group and a 'not as fast' group? That's how it was run on one ride I managed to make it out to last season and it seemed to work out pretty well...and considering how we'll be up near Coshocton, I know there will be plenty of temptation to take off at a pretty good clip :burnout:

We'll decide that at the start depending on turn out. It was done on the ride you made because that was a large turnout and there were several trackday guys and some newbs both so it needed done. If this turnout is as big and diverse then yes there will deff be groups. But if its a smaller turnout we'll just breakaway in the good sections and wait at the intersection or slow down at the straights for the stragglers to catch up it seems to work out better that way on a smaller group. We like to keep together as much as possible incase somthing happens.

But regardless of the pace set, ride at your comfort level takes precedence. I'm sure the fast guys will wait up.

THIS CANNOT NOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH!!!

It looks like we will have a good turnout for this ride so I would say that we will be split into two groups.

I'm hoping to bring up the courage to ride with these guys again by that date. Seriously though, these guys are awesome. I made 2 or 3 rides with them last year.

9:00 is pretty early, but I suppose I have an alarm clock. Yeah, assuming no more surgeries, I'll be in the back of the slow group again. I have no ego, slow and safe is good for me.

Someone pointed out the meeting spot is right beside speedway...might I suggest people filling up before heading to the meet up spot?

If anyone else from Marysville area (or passing by it) I'll ride with you. Speedlimit'ish, it's about 45min from Wal-mart...so I plan on leaving at 8am from Wal-mart parking lot. Well head to the Speedway down there and fill up, then head over to the meet up spot. Be there by 9:00 easy enough. Send me a PM if you want to meet up.

We start out a couple doors down from Speedway, but will fill up there right after we leave the church at 9:30 so you dont have to get there by 9am but just before 9:30am :)

Edited by 600ZZ4eb

Maybe I can hook up with you folks around here....gravel is bad on SR60s from USR62 (Killbuck to Warsaw) as I was on it last nite. If no one is doing MOTO GP you'll be okay...it's gravel in all the interesting corners on that stretch!

If I don't catch you on the road, I can meet at luncheon spot! Right now I'm two doors down from yer lunchie location. I'm figuring you folks for the SR intersections at 11AM. I will back track route until I see y'all motoring.

May have some new folks along (or not) we'll see.

Back, and Albums, have pics posted re: SR60 new and old...same road/same deal. Scavenger hunt-find the rock?

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles