Your favorite cripple on youtube!

Bkizz

One of the vendors at bike night last week made this video of me and my bike. They do this "Cool bikes, Cool riders" segment. It was a last minute thing and I didn't really know what to say...I just winged it. I think he did a good job piecing together the video. I thought it was gonna turn out like shit but it actually looks ok! Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS4JRDbBjAk

This was the helmet I was talking about:

HPIM2562.jpg

HPIM2565.jpg

HPIM2566.jpg

Here are a couple of pics on the way to bike night:

HPIM2496.jpg

HPIM2500.jpg

HPIM2505.jpg

HPIM2506.jpg

HPIM2508.jpg

HPIM2510.jpg

Edited by Bkizz

Looks awesome Brian good for you.

I actually had the pleasure to meet and ride with a guy on an RC51 Bill Riviello who had the same set up on his track bike. He used velcro on the soles of his feet instead of the straps to keep his feet in place.

We rode VIR and he was actually still very fast on that bike. 51s.jpg

Looks awesome Brian good for you.

I actually had the pleasure to meet and ride with a guy on an RC51 Bill Riviello who had the same set up on his track bike. He used velcro on the soles of his feet instead of the straps to keep his feet in place.

We rode VIR and he was actually still very fast on that bike.

velcro is a sweet idea...idk why none of us thought of that lol

red light with landing gear up!!

i smell a california stop! lol

Hahaha, yep you are right. It was a glance and go. There was absolutely no traffic so I said screw stopping just to start 2 seconds later.

He used velcro on the soles of his feet instead of the straps to keep his feet in place.

Haha, I have found a million and one good uses for Velcro. I actually use velcro on the soles of my shoes and on the foot plate of my wheelchair to keep them from hopping off. I thought about using in on the bike but changed my mind. It would be pretty hard for me alone to get on and off with my feet velcro'd down...plus that would be a couple broken ankles for sure if anything happens. I like the straps b/c they keep my legs close to the bike. There is enough downward pressure on my feet to keep them on the foot plates.

Cool video of your story Brian! It was awesome riding with you a few weeks ago, and just as awesome to see you at bike night, knowing that you RODE there!

And tbutera, I think velcro has been mentioned for the foot pegs and for the seat! It will take some riding time for Brian to figure out everything, but he has it working pretty well already!

Pretty awesome Brian. Everyone on here should link this on their Facebook and such and spread the word.

I thnk it's pretty amazing to do something when everything is stacked against you. Stories like this is what people need to think of when they say they can't do something. Screw that, you just proved it can be done. Kudos.