What's your commuting distance?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What's your commuting distance?

• 1-5 miles
    • 6-15 miles
    • 16-25 miles
    • 26-35 miles
    • 36 miles +
    • hookers and blow (I'm unemployed and mooching off the rest of you)

I used to live 2 miles from work and my commute was 30 mins past 5 schools...

Moved 15 miles away, same work... 15mins commute. The difference was I didn't have to go through the school zones any more.

It's all about the quality of the commute, not the distance. Driving my car to my current job is usually faster, but I have to fight through 3 different suicide merges, leaving me stressed out before I even got sat down at my desk.

My bike commute on country roads doesn't take me through any areas where cars fight for road position, so it's much lower stress.

• Upvote 1

Alright... so now that things are a bit more "settled" I can give more details.

Currently I work from home and average of 3 days a week and my office is 24.5 miles away when I go in.

Job I'm looking at I'd be working from home a little at the beginning and then more later, so let's say average of 2 days a week, 40 miles away when I go in.

15 more miles.... but more pay... it really seems worth it... and what I'm seeing here.. 40 miles isn't THAT bad.

One way- 46.3 shortest distance using 3 freeways.

Round trip- 92.6

Since I work for family and not in the position to move this is what I'm doing 5 days a week. I kinda like the ride car or bike. Headed East away from everybody and plenty of options for a change of pace.

If work wasn't a family business then there is no way I would drive this far day in and day out. Couple years and we''ll move more east and south of here. Until then, It is what it is.

There's only so many top companies in Ohio... and I can't exactly sell my house to reduce my commute. My wife works in Montrose so we bought a house in between Cle and Akr.

Goodyear, First Energy, American Greetings, BoA, Progressive.... that's about it for NEO

Sherwin Williams, MTD?

Currently it ranges from 3 to 18 miles on way, depending on the office I am at. Or the best days are when I am WFH. All that is about to change though. Will be moving and the my commute will be 23 to 38 miles on way depending on where I will be working. I see a lot more WFH days in my future :)