Riding in the snow...

scottie.harris

i was waiting for you to comment stt brian, it wasnt inches of snow more like 1/2 inches. if you want to think i pushed it all to way to walmart go for it, and congrats on racing at grattan in the snow, im so proud of you and if your going to dog me for riding a certain day, check the date/day i posted and said i rode. not really braggin, anyone can do it. I understand that DS bikes are different from street bikes, drive it like theres SNOW on the ground and all is well. I was riding thru town at about 9oclock being that i work 3rd, so i passed like two cars, not weaving thru traffic in cbus.

As far as my tires im running bridgestone battleaxe BT-021

i was waiting for you to comment stt brian, it wasnt inches of snow more like 1/2 inches. if you want to think i pushed it all to way to walmart go for it, and congrats on racing at grattan in the snow, im so proud of you and if your going to dog me for riding a certain day, check the date/day i posted and said i rode. not really braggin, anyone can do it. I understand that DS bikes are different from street bikes, drive it like theres SNOW on the ground and all is well. I was riding thru town at about 9oclock being that i work 3rd, so i passed like two cars, not weaving thru traffic in cbus.

As far as my tires im running bridgestone battleaxe BT-021

Hey ass nugget - try reading and UNDERSTANDING what I was saying... The race thing was to point out that we rode when there were inches on snow on the G-R-O-U-N-D. That spells ground in case you missed it... Meaning, the track was W-E-T. Again, like running in the rain. Wet pavement isn't inches of snow on the road, idiot.

My second point was to take a pic AFTER you rode it to work or wherever you did... Tells us you actually did it and not to get attention like the attention whore you seem to be. My reasoning is that I really doubt you are out there passing cars IF and this is a BIG if, if there was any snow on the actual streets. The parking lot doesn't count. The trucks were out and the roads were wet. Like I tried to relate to you by stating the race at Grattan.

Get over yourself and do us all a favor - come up to Mid-Ohio or another track and show us what you REALLY have in terms of ability. Then, you can shut us all up and we will make it known you are as good as your diarrhea mouths lets on you to be... Until that time, shut up and PLEASE try and consider the rest of the world when you waste all of our collective time...

This thread delivers.

Threads like this is what gets us through the winter.

internets is serious business :rolleyes:

Very serious business for sure.

Scottie,

Maybe the thing to do is let this thread die. Its cool that you went and rode when there was snow on the ground. The first winter I had my bike I was out riding as long as the roads were dry. But after being uncomfortable, accelerating my chances of getting a cold, salty roads, and less available traction I will not get back on my bike until it is over 50 degrees again. If a motorcycle is your only means of transportation then by all means ride year round. Personally I like keeping my bike nice and do not want to take un necessary chances in having an accident. Body work is way to expensive to be replacing.

The more you keep replying to this thread the more crap you are going to get. The people that I personally know giving you shit in this thread are good people and only giving crap when you make comments like kicking sideways at 140 mph.

Maybe I should even be posting in this thread because of my business. Just let it die and people will stop giving you a bunch of shit.

Hey ass nugget - try reading and UNDERSTANDING what I was saying... The race thing was to point out that we rode when there were inches on snow on the G-R-O-U-N-D. That spells ground in case you missed it... Meaning, the track was W-E-T. Again, like running in the rain. Wet pavement isn't inches of snow on the road, idiot.

My second point was to take a pic AFTER you rode it to work or wherever you did... Tells us you actually did it and not to get attention like the attention whore you seem to be. My reasoning is that I really doubt you are out there passing cars IF and this is a BIG if, if there was any snow on the actual streets. The parking lot doesn't count. The trucks were out and the roads were wet. Like I tried to relate to you by stating the race at Grattan.

Get over yourself and do us all a favor - come up to Mid-Ohio or another track and show us what you REALLY have in terms of ability. Then, you can shut us all up and we will make it known you are as good as your diarrhea mouths lets on you to be... Until that time, shut up and PLEASE try and consider the rest of the world when you waste all of our collective time...

He's on a Kanotuna, surely he doesn't have a big ego with such a bike. :nono:

:lol:

It wont hurt your business. Youll be getting a call/PM from me sometime in Feb/Mar to tune my bike. Just picked up a PCIII the other day. :D

Maybe I should even be posting in this thread because of my business. Just let it die and people will stop giving you a bunch of shit.

I've ridden in a couple inches of snow, it wasn't far, and it was my first ride on my XX (a white knuckle ride for sure) first crack on the throttle fishtailed me, but luckily, I had enough riding experience to not freak out.

I now ride dry roads above 20 degrees F or any roads above 50 F Just my personal enjoyment/comfort zone.

It's just snow, there is always a way. Training wheels (outriggers), skis on the sides, sidecars, trikes, studded ice tires, lightweight low power bikes that slide on a foot, or the German way, BMW w/ABS and crash bars and ride all year round.

Experience says that snow has varying amounts of traction, or slipperiness. Some snow has as much traction as smooth wet concrete. Glare ice does not. Experience also says that the first try will make it to the first corner and the bike will try to go down. That's where most people turn around and go back.

Do I want to ride in the snow? Yes and no. I want to ride all year round, but riding in the snow is a pain in the butt. Very tense and treacherous. It's not exactly fun. Except maybe with a really small and light bike that might be a blast to tackle snow with. Something crash proof that you can pick back up with one hand. And not in heavy traffic. There's no sense getting run over by some 4wd SUV going twice the speed limit...

Here ya go, German snow cleats (claws) for motorcycle. The front wheel is still likely to slide out if not careful. 110 Euro for a set of five for each wheel. If I were riding in the Winter with a threat of snow in the forecast, these might be nice to have along, just in case.

http://www.mv-motorrad.de/cosmoshop/lshop,showdetail,13240,e,1105803788-30287,,10107,,,.htm

1104836894-14354.jpg

Do I want to ride in the snow? Yes and no. I want to ride all year round, but riding in the snow is a pain in the butt. Very tense and treacherous. It's not exactly fun. Except maybe with a really small and light bike that might be a blast to tackle snow with. Something crash proof that you can pick back up with one hand. And not in heavy traffic. There's no sense getting run over by some 4wd SUV going twice the speed limit...

I agree with this, other than the cold, and havig to warm up for hours after reaching the destination. I'd be riding to work still, if it wasn't for the warming up part. It would make for a slow(er than normal) start to the day!

Ok, I figured it out. Motorcycle in snow = Kawasaki KLX250S with Kenda K771 Millville tires (Winter compound) with carbide snow studs. Practically indestructible when it falls over. Light enough to pick back up easily. The only bad part is there isn't enough alternator output to really run electrically heated clothing.

Anything else will have to have ABS braking and a large alternator output. (And crash bars and training wheels.)

Ok, I figured it out. Motorcycle in snow = Kawasaki KLX250S with Kenda K771 Millville tires (Winter compound) with carbide snow studs. Practically indestructible when it falls over. Light enough to pick back up easily. The only bad part is there isn't enough alternator output to really run electrically heated clothing.

Anything else will have to have ABS braking and a large alternator output. (And crash bars and training wheels.)

Really?:rolleyes:

mearriving.jpg

KLR 650 rode from Springfield to Dresden for a get together when it started snowing about the edge of Gahanna as I headed East. Bike does great in the snow with kenda trackmasters. The KTM does okay too but doesn't have heated grips like the KLR.:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20__7jNy15s

STT brian has a temper doesnt he? hutch, i do seem to have that power dont i. Will do, see ya spring time.

I don't have a temper. Ask anyone from here that have met me. I do however, hate when someone comes on and states he's 140 mph sideways, passing cars in inches of snow, telling us how much ability he has and how much he out rides everything, and how much ability he has due to his VAST experience in riding dirtbikes, and finally stated he raced AMA in MX...

The bottom line is that if you are going to come onto a public forum and tout all these things in either an effort to draw attention to yourself (my thoughts) or simply to cause a stir, you need to be ready to take the responses. As even stated by friends of yours or people who have ridden with you, your ego is WAAAAAY faster and better a rider than you really are. You really need to let the ego slow down a lot and let reality catch up. Once that happens, maybe things will change.

Personally, I don't care at all. You can crash your gourd out and splatter yourself all over the freeway if you are acting as you do. But, your arrogance and ego are so far larger than what you are going to be able to cash in. Think about that...

• Upvote 1