need truck tire suggestions-whats your favorite?

max power

For a 02 4x4 Suburban used for light towing and highway travel. 265/70 (or 75)/16. Also needs an alignment.

Considering BFG Long Trail T/A, Yokohama H/T-S

Any opinions on these? What are your favorites and why?

Anybody got the hook up at a tire store?

I LOVE the General grabber at2's! i had a set on a jeep, and on my F250. Great in the snow, rain, what ever you throw at them. Quite considering the tread pattern. Priced very well against the BFGs which would have been my next choice. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2

I had a set of goodyear silentarmors on my old colorado. They did pretty well at first, but by 50% into their treadlife driving in rain became much more interesting. Also, they are a heavy tire and resulted in a 2-3mpg loss.

I currently have pirelli scorpion ATR's mounted as oem and they did ok till about 25k miles. With my spirited driving, the outside edges are smooth so turning in the rain doesnt work and it hydroplanes bad. I've been looking for new tires myself as I'll need them by winter, and so far my mind is set on the firestone destination A/T's. They are cheaper and better rated then the other tires. 700 vs 950-1k. :eek:

Mind you, I also have big tires 275/55R20.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+A%2FT

Edited by SJC1000rr

my friend has these on his ford F-150 FX4 and they handle, ride, and grip very nicely.

(plus they are silent) they have a 50k mile tread life. just keep in mind the more miles a tire warranty is the less grip that tire will provide later in it's life.

I keep trying to tell people that and they go for the 70k miles tire and wonder why when it rains their car slides all over.

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/productdetails/TireAdvisor/Dueler_A/T_REVO_2_(eco)

Edited by serpentracer

I definitely second the Revo2. Had 'em on an Isuzu 4x4 and they wore well, handled great with little road noise, and gave very good traction in both rain and snow. Good looking tire, too, for those who favor appearance as well as function.

I had Mastercraft Courser C/T on my '99 Tahoe & have Yoko Geolander HT-S on my '01 Tahoe. Loved the Courser for any weather & the looks, didn't care about gas mileage. The Geolanders are nice as hell for gas mileage & did great last winter.

I had Mastercraft Courser C/T on my '99 Tahoe & have Yoko Geolander HT-S on my '01 Tahoe. Loved the Courser for any weather & the looks, didn't care about gas mileage. The Geolanders are nice as hell for gas mileage & did great last winter.

I cant remember what Mastercrafts I'm running but love them on my truck. They are great all season tires and hold up well.

I work for Summit Racing and not this weekend but the following weekend the retail store is having 10% off. We dont stock a ton of tires for trucks so chances are they will be special order. We also price match but cant combine the 10% with a price match.

I cant remember what Mastercrafts I'm running but love them on my truck. They are great all season tires and hold up well.

I work for Summit Racing and not this weekend but the following weekend the retail store is having 10% off. We dont stock a ton of tires for trucks so chances are they will be special order. We also price match but cant combine the 10% with a price match.

Thanks Monty, but im not driving 3 hrs to save 10%. I had mastercrafts on the wires 4Runner and they wore fast. Only got 30 k. They wore even though.

I have the Yoko HT-S on it now and they are nice, but they seem to be discontinued.

now that shawns taken care of.....anybody have a review on these?

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaATZRadial&sku=5363&size=LT285/75R16&type=LT

they claim to get high mileage and a smooth ride, but look aggressive enough for the occasional offroading i do in my truck.....its supposed to be a mix between an all terrain and a mud radial

Edited by Steve Butters

Mister tire just quoted me 660 dollars For yokohama geolander HT S Including alignment.

Booyaa!

i had yokohama tires on my mustang when i bought it and i beat them to death and they kept on gripping....great tires....too bad theyre too small for that suburban :p needs a lift and some 35/38s

I had the BFG Rugged Trail T/A as the OEM tire on my RAM 2500, replaced at 70K with the BFG All-Terrain T/A K/O.

The OEM's were smooth and slient and gripped well until they were nearly bald.

The replacements are noisy and less smooth, but after 47.5K still have a good 10-20K left.

I had the BFG Rugged Trail T/A as the OEM tire on my RAM 2500, replaced at 70K with the BFG All-Terrain T/A K/O.

The OEM's were smooth and slient and gripped well until they were nearly bald.

The replacements are noisy and less smooth, but after 47.5K still have a good 10-20K left.

those all terrains are like $50 cheaper per tire than the MT's im looking at....and they come in the size i need....i think i may be stealing this idea :) i like those

those all terrains are like $50 cheaper per tire than the MT's im looking at....and they come in the size i need....i think i may be stealing this idea :) i like those

They have a nice, aggressive tread pattern and do well in the snow. If you turn up the radio you won't hear the tire noise - but I got used to it after awhile. I figure it's a 3/4 ton, it's supposed to be a truck and have some noises.

I'd bet you'll like 'em.

They have a nice, aggressive tread pattern and do well in the snow. If you turn up the radio you won't hear the tire noise - but I got used to it after awhile. I figure it's a 3/4 ton, it's supposed to be a truck and have some noises.

I'd bet you'll like 'em.

im driving on kumhos right now...ill like any tire :lol:

plus, with a straight piped 7.3 a little road noise wont bother me

thanks for the heads up...i found them for $930 shipped, which is almost $200 less than the price of the MT's before shipping....and ill try to find them local to save a bit more - ill talk to derek at ntb downtown and see if he can get them

this past winter sucked...i got around alright in the snow, but i coudlnt get up my girls driveway with a 16' empty trailer in about 8 inches of snow...had to drop the trailer, move truck, then bring the trackhoe out to get the trailer moved...stupid, ill be buying new tires for sure this fall

Edited by Steve Butters