What mods have you done or can be done to a CBR954RR?

OhioBob

Hi, I am wondering what mods can be done to a CBR954RR to better it? Like PowerCommander, aftermarket exhaust, steering dampner, better brakes, better suspension, etc.?

What about Traction Control units or quick shifters?

Just wondering.

OhioBob

Just a couple more days until Honda SuperCycle Weekend. WooHoo!!!!

Who makes the Traction Control and quick shifter for the CBR954RR? I looked and looked and could not find anything on it. I see that BAZZAZ makes these products for the 08'-newer CBR1000RR.

Thanks.

Edited by OhioBob

Are you modding this as a street bike, as a drag bike, for road racing, etc.?

All of those things CAN be done, but some are more useful than others, and some (traction control, on a 954?) are just going to cost you a lot of money.

that's why i'm curious about the application.

quick shifters are designed for use at wide-open-throttle, and it's only going to save a tenth or two in a run from 0-100 mph...

Traction control is expensive, and while it's useful on ultra high-powered bikes, I think it's better, and cheaper to just learn better throttle control. Or just buy a less powerful bike...

I can't tell if this is trolling or putting the cart way before the horse. Did you buy this bike or are you still considering options? I seem to recall you wanting something sportier than a vtx, but now a full-out track bike? To each his own. If you're sincere, you've come to the right place, but I really think you should search you soul for what you are really looking for. IMO

He hasn't said that it's a track bike yet. Some people like modding their street bikes beyond street performance.

Lots of car owners do the same thing. I don't understand it, but I'm not going to knock it.

Without street riders, half the parts manufacturers for track days and racing wouldn't be able to sustain themselves financially. Anyone who likes the track ought to be in love with the street riders keeping our vendors afloat.

putting the cart way before the horse

this, its about the 54th thread on what bike to get and what to do to it.

Honestly, find a deal buy the bike and try it. If you don't like it then flip it and find something else. Its what I do and hell I've even made a few bucks

if he's really looking to track a bike, get any decent-running 600cc bike and go ride...

An SV650 is a better LEARNING tool, but that can make it very frustrating at trackdays, where you get motored a lot.

A 954 is far from ideal... It's not a slam against those bikes, but the 600's are going to be easier to go fast on. There's basically 3 ways to go with this:

- ride your street bike on the track

- buy a CHEAP track bike (my F2 was like $1500) and plan to upgrade at some point (I rode mine about a year, and sold it for a profit)

- spend $5k or a little more, and buy an '07 or newer 600 that's already set up or the track, and plan to ride it for a long time.

the only way a 954, or a 1000, or a 750, etc. should make its way into that plan is if it's option #1, "ride your street bike."

Edited by redkow97

Yes, I probably will need to use the "original" TC, (right wrist control).

C-bus, yes, I am still considering my options. However, some had me talked into a SV1000 a while ago, but they are actually harder to find than the 954RR. And to be honest I want an inline-4. It has always been a toss up between the 954RR or the 08'-newer 1000RR. The more research I have done has me leaning towards the 954RR because of the weight and less powerful.

It will be a streetbike, probably more likely a streetfighter before it is over with. Not because I will wreck it, but because I really like the standard bike look, but want the sportbike performance.

Sorry to be "trolling?" but I just like to weigh all my options before jumping. Money doesn't grow on trees...well, sorta. LOL

Anyways, thanks for all the responses. I just wanted to know what all was out there for the 954RR.

Thanks again.

OhioBob

• Upvote 1

i really like the standard bike look, but want the sportbike performance.

919, speed triple, superduke R, monster s4r, brutale, fz1/6, tuono, ninja 1000...

Yeah, I know there are more options out there these days, but some are pretty expensive if you ask me. I do like the Brutale, but don't have the job or dough to back it up. LOL

So, the next best thing is to go with a sportbike and change the ergos. Sweet!!!

Some of us have to learn the hard way. LOL

Yeah, I know there are more options out there these days, but some are pretty expensive if you ask me. I do like the Brutale, but don't have the job or dough to back it up. LOL

So, the next best thing is to go with a sportbike and change the ergos. Sweet!!!

Some of us have to learn the hard way. LOL

check out the 919 if you haven't already. can be had for not too much if you look around.

Sorry to be "trolling?" but I just like to weigh all my options before jumping. Money doesn't grow on trees...well, sorta. LOL

no but if you do it right you can make money grow from motorcycles and try out different ones until you're satisfied with a choice :D

OK, I see your point Bad324.

So, what is your list of motorcycles to try out or have tried out?

I'm just busting balls. Granted its what I've been doing for the last 2 years but I also like the chase of finding a bike meeting my parameters for the money I would pay. My initial investment was 4k in my first bike, since then I've been able to buy and sell others to cover the cost of that initial investment. Sold it at a profit, used that money to buy another one and sell at profit and so on and so forth while fixing and riding them in the process

My list is completely different from anything you've asked about in the past. I find no need for me to personally have a 1000. A bunch of wasted power and money for someone such as myself. From what you have said, people have suggested pretty much anything I would that seem to fit your needs

Edited by Bad324