What do I do.

MidgetTodd

Just to stir the pot.... If the only place the OP has ever seen him ride is a few doors down from his house, who cares? Are each and every one of you saying that EVERYTIME you throw a leg over your bike you fully gear up? I know that I will occasionally run my bike down the street with no helmet, (I live on a cul-de-sac) if I'm doing an oil change I'll let it warm up and run it down the street in whatever I have on.... Now if I'm going for a "Spirited" ride then yes! I wear all my gear!! But who hasn't thrown a leg over their bike in less than full leathers? Maybe he was just 'showing' off his bike and only going 400', who knows?

As they say... "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, then a fast bike slow!!"

As they say... "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, then a fast bike slow!!"

I need to test that out. Someone give me a fast bike, like now! :D

I hate it when guys get the "big bike syndrome" where they blast through the straights, then go so slow through the corners that they hold up my 250! :D

Are each and every one of you saying that EVERYTIME you throw a leg over your bike you fully gear up? I know that I will occasionally run my bike down the street with no helmet, (I live on a cul-de-sac) if I'm doing an oil change I'll let it warm up and run it down the street in whatever I have on....

Ride with out gear? You are dead to us. :nono:

Seriously though, yes every time! It's ATGATT not atgmott :D

i've been know to o the <1 mile jaunt across town to my parents in shirts tshirt and glasses but i dont even change gears just stay in second. other than that at leadt jeans boots gloves helmet and jacket or my draggin shirt..

Only 2 replies saying they honestly wear ATGATT.... Interesting...

But not surprising. For most untill they see or experience the importance of gear it is just a good idea. What really surprises me all the time is how off road riders tend to be more ATGATT than on road riders. After all gear does less in an impact accident like hitting a tree than it does in a skidding accident on pavement. Injuries in gear tend to be internal only. Like broken bones, torn ligaments, joint damage and vital organs. The only real injury accident I've had was on the road with gear on. Never gotten hurt off road yet.:rolleyes:

My point is that a lot o f people get behind a keyboard and type 'ATGATT' but don't practice what they preach! I'm all for personal choice, ifi want to ride to a few doors down the road naked, I will! The gov't should have no say! If I wreck, because of a cager being stupid or my own stupidity, it's my choice and natural selection! Every time we get on a bike 'ATGATT or not' it's our choice we decide what risks we want to take...

But not surprising. For most untill they see or experience the importance of gear it is just a good idea. What really surprises me all the time is how off road riders tend to be more ATGATT than on road riders. After all gear does less in an impact accident like hitting a tree than it does in a skidding accident on pavement. Injuries in gear tend to be internal only. Like broken bones, torn ligaments, joint damage and vital organs. The only real injury accident I've had was on the road with gear on. Never gotten hurt off road yet.:rolleyes:

I'm just saying don't be a hypocrite! If your drive way is uphill and you move your bike, so a friend can use your driveway, and you don't put on full leathers, Helmet, boots, and gloves to move your bike, even if it's only inches, you ARE NOT ATGATT!!!!!!

Across the parking lot, and across the the side street at work for lunch is about the farthest I go without gear. I have gone down the road about a mile and a half and back with just the helmet, but I was very uneasy about it, and won't be doing that any more!

I'm just saying don't be a hypocrite! If your drive way is uphill and you move your bike, so a friend can use your driveway, and you don't put on full leathers, Helmet, boots, and gloves to move your bike, even if it's only inches, you ARE NOT ATGATT!!!!!!

try going to an OR meet .....i see a lot of ATGATT here on the forum, then when you show up to a meet you see the opposite...most everybody has helmets on, but if its hot you see a lot of shorts and not as many jackets....unless its a meet with a ride planned afterwards...but like dyno days or meet and greets etc, theres a lot of semi-geared people

not that im ragging on people, because on real hot days i used to wear shorts sometimes also, just saying i get tired of hearing ATGATT too when a lot of people dont even follow it

i know a lot of people who wear full leathers and everything on long rides, but dont gear up for a ride down the street etc....personal choice IMO...if im just cruising around the block to get it warmed up for an oil change and not leaving my neighborhood, i never wore gear - usually just some sunglasses, sometimes not even those....but on any real ride, i always wore gear, but would never say i was ATGATT

Be cooler if some guys grouped up for a ride with this Joe Dirt fella - he could probably be schooled a little too - but if he shows up in yardwork apparel.....at least make him wear a lid. He'd live through blowing out one of those dried out onion peels he's riding on and a good hide sanding, but if his bare head hits the ground there would be water and mullet flying everywhere!