What BS!

JJKITTY

i had a gas station employee tell me im not allowed to carry in there (was OC at the time) because they sell alcohol....1. it wasnt selling for consumption, so pre oct 1st i was allowed, and 2. the incident was a few weeks ago - im allowed to carry in a damn bar, let alone a gas station lol

It doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint, but when has that every stopped anyone in politics? Nick Clark explained it pretty well in that article:

"...if I was anti-gun and I wanted to chip away at the law I would want to do it right away because in a year, reality will be well established that carry by the law abiding will present zero negative side effects."

Taken from the comments section of the referenced news article:

Person nailed it pretty much spot-on. :lol:

Rep Zepnick--------I want to ban guns at gas stations.

Reporter-------------Why?

Rep Zepnick---------Well, because there are gun crimes there.

Reporter-------------But shouldn't your constituents be able to protect themselves?

Rep Zepnick----------No

Reporter-------------If your bill is passed, will gun crimes stop at gas stations?

Rep Zepnick----------Well no. But they will be illegal.

Reporter-------------Are gun crimes legal now at gas stations?

Rep Zepnick----------Well no. But I will make them more illegal.

Reporter-------------More illegal? So tougher laws will lessen gun crimes at gas stations?

Rep Zepnick----------Well no. But it will look tougher.

Reporter-------------Rep Sinicki says that her name on your bill as a co-sponsor is a mistake. Did you just make that up?

Rep Zenick-----------I want to ban guns at gas stations.

Reporter--------------Never mind.

• Upvote 1

Ridiculous. As a side note, I really love the fact that OR is so pro gun....anyway, this is the typical liberal chicken little shit you see in every state after chl laws pass. The libs don't believe that people can take care of themselves, they want the people to depend on them, for the liberal elite know best. They also don't see the good in people or believe that people should be trusted. They automatically assume the worst in people, that there will be blood in the streets and shoot-outs in gas stations and that, as we all know, is A huge pile of horse shit. This bill has no hope, but I predict more just like it coming down the pike for the next year or so until they see that crime in their state, as with all states that have ccw laws, has dropped.

Isn't robbery illegal? Just checking........

And doesn't Ohio have a law on the books that if a gun is used in crime, seven years is automaticly added to the sentance? Has that reduced or been a factor in a lowering gun crimes in Ohio? I dont know.

Or has that lead to an increase in other weapons used in crimes as a result of the the 7 year gun rule being in place?

Here's the question I always ask in these situations....if it's truly CONCEALED, who the hell is going to know besides the guy (or gal) carrying the damn thing??? I carry all the time and never have anybody question it because they don't see it.

Here's the question I always ask in these situations....if it's truly CONCEALED, who the hell is going to know besides the guy (or gal) carrying the damn thing??? I carry all the time and never have anybody question it because they don't see it.

open carry is legal too.

i carry "concealed" but if i print or it shows under my hoodie etc, i like not having to worry about it

here's the question i always ask in these situations....if it's truly concealed, who the hell is going to know besides the guy (or gal) carrying the damn thing??? I carry all the time and never have anybody question it because they don't see it.

very true!!!!!

Isn't robbery illegal? Just checking........

And doesn't Ohio have a law on the books that if a gun is used in crime, seven years is automaticly added to the sentance? Has that reduced or been a factor in a lowering gun crimes in Ohio? I dont know.

Or has that lead to an increase in other weapons used in crimes as a result of the the 7 year gun rule being in place?

In ohio:

Ohio Gun Specifications

(B) (1)(a) Except as provided in division (B)(1)(e) of this section, if an offender who is convicted of or pleads guilty to a felony also is convicted of or pleads guilty to a specification of the type described in section 2941.141, 2941.144, or 2941.145 of the Revised Code, the court shall impose on the offender one of the following prison terms:

(i) A prison term of six years if the specification is of the type described in section 2941.144 of the Revised Code that charges the offender with having a firearm that is an automatic firearm or that was equipped with a firearm muffler or silencer on or about the offender’s person or under the offender’s control while committing the felony;

(ii) A prison term of three years if the specification is of the type described in section 2941.145 of the Revised Code that charges the offender with having a firearm on or about the offender’s person or under the offender’s control while committing the offense and displaying the firearm, brandishing the firearm, indicating that the offender possessed the firearm, or using it to facilitate the offense;

(iii) A prison term of one year if the specification is of the type described in section 2941.141 of the Revised Code that charges the offender with having a firearm on or about the offender’s person or under the offender’s control while committing the felony.