potential stunt bike for street???

scottie.harris

after looking around for awhile i found a 95' ZX7 that has low miles and some other new parts like chain and sprockets. The current owner was telling me how he thinks that the previous owner might have stunted it and i was thinking so from the gas tank top being pushed down and scratched body work.

How ever he started it and it runs great with no smoke, runs a little rich but no smoke or oil leak. It will need new tires next year and some body work, but hes willing to accept $1300.

any pointers or thoughts?

A 1997 ZX7 stunt bike will need more than a tank and some paint to make her a reliable street bike. Factor in a major "tune-up" when deciding to save some money on somebody's flogged ride.

I sold a minty 2004 FZ6 for $2400. It needed nothing' date=' and had fresh Michelins. Just sayin'...[/quote']

What kinda of a tune up you thinking? cus it runs really smooth so im thinking it doesnt need plugs, wires, ect although im not a mechanic. I dont think it was a true stunt bike, but more a punk who knows how to pop the clutch, but im curious as to why the gas tanks are pushed down on the top? Im kinda looking for a bit of a beater to take to the track so looks isnt much issue for me.

IP know anyone whos got a deal going on? i gots $1500 to get tax, title and plates.

Plan on a new clutch at the minimum. I would never buy someones flogged stunt bike unless i had the same intentions, which I never would. I wear my hat straight, like a man.

I wear my sombrero backwards like a boss :D

The good thing is that he has disclosed some of the issues to you, make sure to look at it very good however.

I went to look at a 636 about a month ago with a rebuilt title and low miles for a borderline too good to be true price. It was down the street from my office so I figured why not check it out. The seller was clearly a fan of stunting but represented the bike as never been stunted, no burnouts or racing and the rebuild title was the result of a low speed low slide due to grave at an intersection

Lo and behold he had a Starboyz and BS stickers on his helmet, the fork seals were clearly blow out, there was plenty of burnt rubber under the tail and a host of other issues. Boy was he not pleased when I foiled his ruse and called him on it. Morons I tell you, but I should expect nothing less from Massillon :nono:

What kinda of a tune up you thinking? cus it runs really smooth so im thinking it doesnt need plugs, wires, ect although im not a mechanic. I dont think it was a true stunt bike, but more a punk who knows how to pop the clutch, but im curious as to why the gas tanks are pushed down on the top?

I'd definitely look into a valvetrain adjustment and new tensioner/guides if it was used for stunting, those guys love their rev limiters! Tanks were typically caved in on top for a better seat for their butt or to stand on -

dont buy a used stunt bike unless you plan to stunt it also...for all the money in repair and maintenance you put in it, you will have spent enough for a nicer and newer bike

stunt bikes get whooped....

heres a friend of mines low mileage 07 gsxr

207613_208707615820441_100000436128273_688165_7847817_n.jpg

39688_141617295862807_100000436128273_288051_3128412_n.jpg

really? its too new to look that way lol...i wouldnt touch a stunt bike, unless i was looking to stunt it myself

Edited by Steve Butters