Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

Can't answer for others man. Most of the faster riders who passed us came up on us so fast there was no chance to react....just to keep on my line. If I had moved there would have been a serious tangle of smashed metal.

Must take more skills to move over..because most Harley's there won't. They always wanna be dick and make us force a pass. Why be like that

Never had that problem. Once they realize I'm behind them, almost all of them would move to the right and wave me on. I'm very respective of their space though. I don't get right up on them and keep trying to pass. I wait until they let me. Now minivans on the otherhand.......

I'm very respective of their space though. I don't get right up on them and keep trying to pass.

A bike on my ass only makes me move more towards the center line to protect myself and my space. If the dude behind me isn't aware enough to keep a safe distance I am sure not going to lane share with him as he passes me. While I have always gone for the white line and waved people on there are times when I don't feel it is appropriate, I won't do it without a decent view of what is coming down the road from the other way.

While I certainly respect someones desire to go fast, it is a two way street. The fast folks need to respect someones desire to go slow. They have just as much a right to their fun as you do yours. For the record, I am probably one of the fastest cruisers you will see on that road. I have gone through and left my buddies Ducatti behind, and kept right up with a very good rider on an ST 1300.

Everytime I've been there its only been HD that have done it. All the other bikes have moved over for us cars and RV's have pulled over ect but there's always been Harley's that just wanna be dicks. A couple of them even tried swerving and speeding up to keep us from passing.

People travel that road at differing speeds, whatever they feel safe at. Anybody screwing with other riders, well that just makes it more dangerous for everyone. That road leaves very little room for a mistake. My first time I wasn't even looking at the speedo. And I was in a line of other, bigger bikes like Gold Wings, and what looked to be big Yamahas or Kaws, so the Harleys aren't the only slow movers on the Dragon. But in talking with some of the other hd riders having other bikes roaring up on them can be pretty unnerving, and frankly, it really pisses many of them off. Then I'm betting they're calling those riders 'dicks'

Definitely following this thread, looks like a brilliant time. Hope I can go, but if I do it'll be a last minute decision.

So bring some other bait, you just cannot count on me.

heres for hoping for a good last minute decision!

Definitely following this thread, looks like a brilliant time. Hope I can go, but if I do it'll be a last minute decision.

So bring some other bait, you just cannot count on me.

heres for hoping for a good last minute decision!

Ditto Bad. Hope you can make it bambam. Just wouldn't be the same without you. :D