Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

Last time I road down there I put new tires on before we left 5 days later and 3700 miles my new pilot powers were shot. Be sure to leave on new tires, they are not to cheap to replace down there.

2 trips to the gap in one year chewed up my powers with only 2500 on them..mostly flat spoted from the freeway

if I can offer any advice at all...HAVE NEW OR GOOD CONDITION TIRES

This^^

Not that Im some great rider or that its a special treat to ride with me or anything but if one shows up on shit tires or poorly maintained bike you wont be riding in my group. The roads there are no place to fuck up on and that far from home. Im going down to have fun not to play tow truck driver or paramedic, I do that enough on our Coshocton rides.

If you need tires' date=' buy tires. [/quote']

Great advice, and a valuable lesson to learn from others mistakes. Last time I was down there I did the same stupid thing that Bad324 did - took half worn tires down thinking that they'd last okay. Of course they didn't - I managed to baby them home but it was no fun riding on dodgy tires for the last couple of days and the ride home was verging on dangerous. However, hardly anyone there could stay with my blistering pace even on crappy tires, so nobody else (apart from Pauly) noticed the difference. :)

If I can make it for this trip, It'll definitely be on fresh tires!

That is not far to their. upstate NY 500 some odd miles one way do it every year 77 to 8 then to 90 to 87 toward Elmira NY. Just don't hammer on it and take care of maintenance. If I have to buy a set of tires then so be it when Im down their. go with dunlop road smart tires. Im going for a nice ride

Edited by wht_scorpion

IP has a bunch of the pilot road 1's really cheap still...they are buy far the best wearing tire I have ever had and the grip is fine for my style riding ...not the stickiest but not bad...if I remeber I got them for $90 for the front and $105 for the rear