Tire mount & balance pricing

Hoblick

4 hours ago, Qman said:

I'm still using the dealer for the rear tires.  Why?  My last 3 bikes have been Single sided swingarm/hubless rims (VFRs and BMW shaft drive).   Makes it very difficult to balance without proper tools.

i have all the adapters to balance any wheel, single sided swing arm, BMW wheels, triumph, etc.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

Yep...but i'd still need special adapters to mate to the hubless rims.!  And you might need a bit more than this to change ADV tires..they are stiff and a major PITA.  

26 minutes ago, Hoblick said:

i have all the adapters to balance any wheel, single sided swing arm, BMW wheels, triumph, etc.

Thanks...but you're on the other side of the state :cry:

28 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I would think a ADV tire would be far simpler to spoon on than a stiff walled ST tire. And I've spooned on a few of those.

ADV tires tend to be stiffer than ST tires, and the rim is narrower so that doesnt help.  Add wheel spokes/mounts that stick out the sides more than a mag wheel, and it makes it harder to get your spoon/tool in there for prying!

Edited by Qman

32 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Hey, I only have 2 pirelli's right now, the dunlops I have are a harder compound. 

Think your 200hp cheater bike cares that your silly dunlops say they are a harder compound?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Sidewall is not the issue on the BMW. It's the drop center of the rim that creates the difficult install. 

Ignorant me....I do not understand "drop center"!  Guessing you mean the delta between rim OD and central rim ID???   Is this typically smaller (less difference) on BMW rims?

my trick with stiff tires and well all tires now when getting on and off is  a tire warmer... toss the  rim tire combo on a warmer.. and the replacement on a warmer for 10ish minutes  pop off and on...

dunlops are still the "hardest" followed by Pirelli fronts then easiest all around in Michelin...

of course it is to be noted that I'm mostly doing race tires at the track

the few ST tires I have done for friends I use the same technique and it has helped immensely

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
8 hours ago, Doug S. said:

Hoblick, still mounting and balancing tires--Got a new set on the way. Howdo I get in touch wit you? Doug S,

Ryan has not been on in quite some time. He now does powder coating, not sure if he still does tires or not contact him here to find out.  https://www.facebook.com/LateApexMotorsports/

FYI he's in Marysville. 

Edited by 2talltim

On 4/12/2017 at 11:17 PM, mike884 said:

so sills is charging $20 a tire now ? That seems like a change from what they mentioned before. 

I've had tires changed there. Off-bike its decently cheap enough.