1st Wayne trip of the year 4/20-4/22

2talltim

Trails open on April 15th so im going to go ahead and plan on the next weekend after that. As long as the weather is decent im going to plan on camping and riding on April 20th-22nd, if the weather is not so apealing i might just go down for the day on the 21st or 22nd.

If camping i will either camp at a trail head around dorr run or a begley's in new straitsville.I'm open to anything as long as we hit the trails that weekend. If my wife cant or dont want to go ill have a extra quad if someone wants to split the gas and camp site with me.

Update: Myself and a couple others will be camping a Begley's campground in New Straitsville here is thier site for prices and other info http://www.begleyscampground.com/

i will be ariving mid day maybe around noon on friday the 20th if you are not camping you can park here for the day for $2 but i dont think anyone has ever been charged

Update #2..Ill be cooking on the grill saturday(evening or afternoon) after one of the long rides(burgers and dawgs).Ill bring my big grill and all the fixins. So ill need a half way decent head count for saturdays festivites. So shout out if your comin and wanna eat

Edited by 2talltim

how much is a one time plate or what ever?

first of all you atv or bike has to have a APV plate from the BMV on it which is about $34.75for 3 yrs..then you have to get a trail permit from wayne which is $12 per day $24 for 3 days or $45 for the year..here is a page with most of this info http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/wayne/recreation/ohv/?cid=fsm9_005973#WHERE_DO_I_GET_THE_PERMIT_FROM

Oh you know i am in! I will definitely be camping and now have a nice little bubby camper so if weather is bad at night we have an awning to drink under and worst case can go inside. Prob be at Begley's though because they have power and water hook ups but can always meet you guys in am if you guys decide you want to start at "Dora" run. :D

Oh you know i am in! I will definitely be camping and now have a nice little bubby camper so if weather is bad at night we have an awning to drink under and worst case can go inside. Prob be at Begley's though because they have power and water hook ups but can always meet you guys in am if you guys decide you want to start at "Dora" run. :D

Begley's it is..I might just sleep in the back of my tahoe..I hope to get a enclosed trailer sometime but I doubt it will be before this trip

first of all you atv or bike has to have a APV plate from the BMV on it which is about $34.75for 3 yrs..then you have to get a trail permit from wayne which is $12 per day $24 for 3 days or $45 for the year..here is a page with most of this info http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/wayne/recreation/ohv/?cid=fsm9_005973#WHERE_DO_I_GET_THE_PERMIT_FROM

Damn! Do they not realize we are in a recession?

I was thinking about just riding for the day, but since you have the awning to drink under at night! Might just have to dig out the camping gear too!

I was thinking about just riding for the day, but since you have the awning to drink under at night! Might just have to dig out the camping gear too!

Dig it out!! should be a good start to the season and with any luck we will be able to hear our radio this year over the Banjos in the campground!! :D

the tires on my wifes Z are about shot maybe 20% tread left and we have never gotten it stuck...the area around Dawley Cemetary can be really soupy when it rains, but i dont see a problem as long as there is some type of tread there

Those will suck in the mud.

That's what I was thinking, and from what I gather they will be on a 2 wheel bike. So that could be really bad there, if Wayne is 1/2 as wet as it was last year at opening weekend. Here's a picture of my 2 quads, we rode from New Straitsville to Dawley cemetery area, which isn't far and took picture.

wayne.jpg