bike carry holsters

crb

Since I've decided to keep the Springfield EMP and carry it again I need holster recommendations for on the bike. Last year I carried my sig 229 in a blackhawk OWB or thumb break while on the bike. I have a crossbreed, but I'm concerned about retention while on the bike. I really don't want to lose a firearm while riding. I really like the blackhawk OWB, but they don't offer one for the EMP. Suggestions?

I was looking at the purekustom's, but I don't know anybody that has had one.

Edited by crb

IWB appendix carry works very well for me on the bike. You can carry it that way either side, cross draw or strong side. I carry mine strong side (left handed) since I have had my phone on the right for years. Afraid of having the phone ring and shooting myself in the head.

Left side appendix is nice in the car too, it is more accessible with the seat belt than right side.

Edited by Tonik

if you wear a jacket is a shoulder rig a practical option?

Kind of personal preference...but I am no fan of shoulder holsters. Gotta unzip your jacket and dick around. My MC jacket zipper is hidden behind a snap or some velcro depending which I have on. With the weapon on your waist it is an easy one hand motion...hook the bottom of your shirt/jacket with your thumb and move it up while your four fingers hook the butt of the gun and start pulling it out.

Plus I can unzip/remove my jacket at stops since my gun is still covered by a t-shirt.

Not me I don't ride anymore lol. So as for the holster I keep mine in my tank bag. I have a old uncle mikes holster that's velcroed into my bag stays put. But like I said the one or two times a year I ride on the long rides I don't leave my bike much if at all. And I can't have a gun at work so when I ride to work the gun stays at home.

Why would retention w the crossbreed be an issue just because you're riding? Still going to be tight against your body and likely

Covered w a jacket.

I missed their comment about the crossbread in the op. If it is the IWB crossbreed it will be rock solid in there. Personally I think IWB is the most secure other than something that has a lock down strap. Like I think you are saying it is tight against your body and snugged up with your belt, it aint going anywhere. I have had mine in there for 600 miles, it never moves.

I just hadn't tried the crpssbreed supertuxk on the bike yet. I didn't have one for my sig until after I put the bike away for winter. I wasn't sure if the pistol would ride up after a while being on the bike. I've been carrying OWB for the last year and like carrying that way, although the EMP is very comfortable IWB. The belt should keep it locked in the crossbreed supertuck just five I suppose. I'm ready for it to warm up so I can get the bike out.

Not me I don't ride anymore lol. So as for the holster I keep mine in my tank bag. I have a old uncle mikes holster that's velcroed into my bag stays put. But like I said the one or two times a year I ride on the long rides I don't leave my bike much if at all. And I can't have a gun at work so when I ride to work the gun stays at home.

So you are a poser?:D

On cruisers 4 o' clock IWB carry is pretty comfy and you don't really have to worry about retention. I was not pleased with shoulder for the same reasons mentioned... not really practical to reach inside jacket... it's fine if you just want it on you for stops.

Never ridden a sport bike, so, can't chime in.

if you wear a jacket is a shoulder rig a practical option? Kind of a half suggestion half legitimate question

I was thinking about this as well. That would be way more comfortable and would make it feel more secure IMO

Get a Glock and use the Raven. You're welcome. /thread.

Was also thinking about this since I am getting one when they come out. Just wasn't sure how tight it would hold the gun though while moving around on a bike. Guess I will have to try it out.

On a some what related note, could I mount one of these on the inside of my arm rest in my car? I am thinking on the driver side wall of the inside part of the arm rest would be awesome, just want sure if it could do this either lol.