What i did in guns.

kawi kid

Thanks Cdubs, will check it out.  I was looking at some setups that were in a CCW magazine I got for free from Gander.  On the back was a manufacture that guarantees theirs for life, all parts and plastic replacements free, even if I buy a new gun.  Alien Gear I believe is the name, site is down, but per Facebook that is because they are moving.  29.95 too, so probably give them a try, especially since I am not a huge IWB carrier but more OWB.  

I was going to post a review on here for my new Alien Gear IWB, and found this recent post.

Ordered five days prior via Ebay and received it yesterday.  I realize that two days is pretty short for a good review, but thought I'd offer my first impressions. 

For comparison, I use a Comp Tac Minotaur MTAC for my other carry, and this Alien Gear appears to be nearly the same but at 40% of the price.

It isn't.  

Its better, and I'm ordering another one (AG) today for my other carry.   

I wore the MTAC quite a bit, and could never forget that it was there.   I could never get it adjusted quite right, and the best I could get out of it as far as unholstering was that I'd have to twist the gun grip about 1/8" or so in order to release the gun.  I think it was due to how the Kydex was holding the trigger guard area. 

I haven't even played with adjustments yet on the AG, and it feels, fits, and holds awesomely.   Release on the pistol is much more friendly, and again it hasn't been adjusted at all.  The holster comes with an extra set of hardware and bushings for fine tuning the fit.   AG has all the features of the CompTac, plus the hardware to adjust further.  

Now if AG would only include Smarties when they ship...

So far, very very happy with my purchase.   

Oh yeah, the CompTac is now for sale.  Fourth Gen G19.  Tan leather.   $49.  

I was going to post a review on here for my new Alien Gear IWB, and found this recent post.

Ordered five days prior via Ebay and received it yesterday.  I realize that two days is pretty short for a good review, but thought I'd offer my first impressions. 

For comparison, I use a Comp Tac Minotaur MTAC for my other carry, and this Alien Gear appears to be nearly the same but at 40% of the price.

It isn't.  

Its better, and I'm ordering another one (AG) today for my other carry.   

I wore the MTAC quite a bit, and could never forget that it was there.   I could never get it adjusted quite right, and the best I could get out of it as far as unholstering was that I'd have to twist the gun grip about 1/8" or so in order to release the gun.  I think it was due to how the Kydex was holding the trigger guard area. 

I haven't even played with adjustments yet on the AG, and it feels, fits, and holds awesomely.   Release on the pistol is much more friendly, and again it hasn't been adjusted at all.  The holster comes with an extra set of hardware and bushings for fine tuning the fit.   AG has all the features of the CompTac, plus the hardware to adjust further.  

Now if AG would only include Smarties when they ship...

So far, very very happy with my purchase.   

Oh yeah, the CompTac is now for sale.  Fourth Gen G19.  Tan leather.   $49.  

Roger that, will order one as soon as I get my new CCD from Chase since someone hacked a website I ordered from and now its locked up for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a TLR 3 love it!!! Do you like the stipple job :) I'm going stippling nuts on page lol

Strange. My TLR 3 doesn't have the silver ring. It is about 2-3 years old. As the first one I had the mount cracked on it. 

9186781843_c0dd918d21_c.jpg

and my TLR 1 has the metal head with the silver ring. 

_MG_3581_zpsa1f443da.jpg

Yeah man, it looks good I wouldn't have done the light but other then that it looks good. 

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5

:cerealguy2: Why u have no gun with you?!?!!?!?

Haha, no no, the SHIELD is at home, I always have a gun with me ;)  Well not "inside" work that is against policy, retarded, but Bulldog lockbox style.  Getting my 1911 next week, Thanksgiving day, wanty want want.  Going to grab some 45 today at Cabelas as I have a little coupon to blow on it.  YAY

Build. I'll be starting my build in January. If found you can out together a above average rifle fur the entry level price. Plus no gun out there has exactly what I want. So why should I buy things I'm just going to replace.

I'm diggin this lower. plus there is a coupon out there for like 10% off. 

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spartan_15_Enhanced_Billet_Lower_Receiver_p/jb-spartan15.htm

Palmetto State Armory has a sale on uppers currently also. 

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5

• Casper unpinned this topic