What i did in guns.

kawi kid

I am thinking purchasing a Glock G30S 45 for my primary chl/ccw weapon.  Anyone have any insight on this particular piece? I was looking at the springfield xp-45 and the s&w mp also. but after they both had a safety recall recently I kind of ruled them to the back of the pack.

I am thinking purchasing a Glock G30S 45 for my primary chl/ccw weapon.  Anyone have any insight on this particular piece? I was looking at the springfield xp-45 and the s&w mp also. but after they both had a safety recall recently I kind of ruled them to the back of the pack.

Shield is the only M&P with a recall. 

If you can shoot a Glock a say go for it, I'm much more of a 9mm fan tho. 

Took the wife looking at guns to Gander just to see their selection and check ammo stock.  They said the only ammo they have a hard time keeping in bulk is 38 and 380.  Said their bulk buckets of 22 still are selling out in hours, but that they have 22 in bulk, just not the bucket deals.

I only looked for 223, 556 and 9 which they had all of the above.

Looks like we are heading to Lancaster Saturday morning to try to get her familiar with the Ruger LCR, and are just deciding if we want to get the 38 or go ahead with the 357 and just shoot the 38 out of it.  357 weighs more so little less recoil, but not sure if that's worth the price difference.  Issue is she wants stainless and doesn't look like Gander stocks it, and guessing most places don't in 38, just 357.  Really hate the idea of ordering a gun and waiting for it, so hoping to talk her out of ordering something that costs more and has a wait just for astetics.  But she's a girl and we all know they aren't right in the head. 

I fondled a LCP380 and LC9 and am considering picking up the LC9 as long as they are still pricing them the same as the 380s, definitely liked the feel and the trigger wasn't bad.  Did have to move up to 1 knuckle but being a double I expect that.  I'm not a huge fan of super soft trigger pulls, just never my thing.  Would like to stick to 9mm as that's all my current carry setups, and like not having to mix up ammo etc.  Well that and I am lazy.

Picking up a gun safe today after work or later this week after work and probably a little 12 gauge for the home this week too.  I finally got my guns back from my parents house as we took ours off the market and it's nice to have them all back with me :)

You could buy my lc9 I have been less then happy with mine. Front sight fell off first use. Ruger fixed that with a cold roll pin! Now it is on there and would need smithing to remove. The take down lever has been an issue twice now, they fixed it once and it is happening again. It is a great gun otherwise, carry it often but the issues with it have been a bit much. 

Wow really?  Talked to Mykill yesterday said he loves his, hm.  I did hear it's not much different in size though than my current P11 so need to compare the 9mm version, as I know the 380 is way smaller.

May still end up with a revolver too, always wanted one, probably should just go with my gut instinct.

Palmetto keeps having everything you need but the lower deals for like 499. Then lowers can be had for 80-100

True, they have excellent package deals. If anyone could ever catch them in stock.

A 6.8 and one 5.56 kit are in stock right now. All others are still out of stock.

Where you pickup that 912?

Got it from a private sale. I was calling around all the shops looking for one and one of the sales associates son at Black Wing had one he was looking to sell.

I heard Gander gets them in from time to time. Gun Envy also might be worth contacting... I will say they are a little picky when it comes to ammo. I had to get some 1 1/8oz shells that are 1200fps from the muzzle to get it not to stove pipe.

Hopefully I got my Automag II fixed today.  It had the very unfriendly habit of discharging when you dropped the slide on the first round in a new mag.  It did it to me 3 times in one day at the range and I was able to duplicate it at home when the gun wasn't loaded about 25% of the time.  The hammer was jumping the sear and following the slide forward.  Good thing for proper training and good range practices the worst that happened was a few missed targets. 

It got a new hammer strut, sear spring, disconnector spring and trigger spring.   Along with that I gave it a very light stoning on the sear to make the edge nice and crisp again.  It was showing signs of wear on the edge and wasn't as crisp as I like to see them.  Hopefully I can get out to the range next week and give it a go with some ammo but so far tonight I have dropped the slide close to 50 times on an empty gun and the problem hasn't returned.

Oh and for the guys that have never heard of these things.  All stainless, semi-auto 9 shot .22magnum with a 6 inch barrel.  Fun little plinking pistol with one the the strangest muzzle reports you will ever hear.

IMAG0190.jpg

i need to pick up another 9mm M&P.. i sold mine over the summer.. i still have the 40c though..

Love my dads, wish I was baller enough to get one.  Looking for a smaller CHL gun though, leaning towards the LCP or LCR.  Wife will get 1 of the 2 and I will probably get the other lol.

thinking about treating myself to a FN FNX45 Tactical.  The question is, do I get that or get a USP 45 tactical like i've been meaning to?  if i get the USP, do i need some goofy ass adapter to mount a AAC Tirant 45?   i just don't knowwwww

• Casper unpinned this topic