tire change

JBWalker

Yeah but how do you balance it afterwards?

Sent from my cappy using tappy...

You can buy a nice balancer for $150 or from Harbor Freight for $40. Be ready to replace the axle pipe in the kit as they are normally bent from HF. That, some wheel weights, and another YouTube video on balancing and you're good to go. It's not that hard from what I've seen.

After watching this video I'll be doing my track bike's tires at home. When I get good I'll start doing my other bikes.

Thanks for the video!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah....no kidding. That's not happening.

Side note: I used those new clamps to mount a set of tires on a Vespa the other day. Maybe they'll pay for themselves in a few years. :dunno:

i use the posi clamps all the time, bu ti get alot of harleys sooo

• 2 weeks later...

I just did this and I'm never turning back. The 1st time I screamed, cursed, broke out the irons, and nearly chucked the tire across the yard. Then I realized the zip ties were too tight and I had 6 of them which was too many. I started over and snuged them until there was about an 1.5-2 inches between beads. The first time they were touching each other. It literally fell on in 45 seconds. I used simple green for lube.

The rear was a 180/55 Power Pure and a matching front.

e5avehu8.jpg

upubunu3.jpg

Give it a shot because if I can do it anybody can! It was $1.49 for the zip ties at Harbor Freight.

Putting a tire on by hand with spoons is not the hard part. Let's see that guy remove a tire with his zip tie trick.

He's got a video for that too. I saw it after I removed mine the old fashioned way:banghead:

didn't have strong enough zip ties, so I just used a tie down strap spiraled around the tire. Took a second figure out how position them so they wouldnt interfere with the bead, but after I started using the pull straps as cinches instead of using the hooks it worked excellent.

Its too bad I dont have a bead breaker or I would change my front.....maybe tomorrow I will use some 2x4's and do it.

MUCH easier and quicker than using irons. Four strong, releasable zip ties would be perfect.

Edited by RHill