Dream Ride 2012: Feeler

NinjaDoc

Need clips of fast and slow groups as well, just couple minutes, trying to make the video to be under 10-12 min so that it doesn't get boring, hence will avoid special intro effects like last year since there is more content to go by.

Ninja-doc, do you have drop box? If so, pm me ur email and ill put the vid on a shared folder on my drop box. Thx...

nope :(

you can upload it to mediafire.com and at the end of upload they will give u a link, just send me the link to download

nope :(

you can upload it to mediafire.com and at the end of upload they will give u a link, just send me the link to download

Got ya... might take a little while but I'll get it to you by the end of the night... It will be the video that I am going to upload to youtube... deff longer than 15 min... :p

but next time very well planned, will bring printed route instruction, will pre decided groups etc. Now many more people know what to expect it might be easier.
due to group late start and no plans for half-way break, i rode the route but, not with the group. i left cols. at about noon. so as to have time for lunch break in mcconnelsville. by the time i finished lunch, the first group rode into town. i then rode on. i figured yall would catch me by the time i got to somerset. but i never saw anybody after that. oh well, stuff happens. next time have a predetermined half-way break. with ETA to be determined by slow group. fast group gets there first, so be it. they just get to take longer break than slow group. this way everybody gets to regroup for second half of ride. makes for more fun and less confusion. just my 2cents worth.

I thought we were doing the loop back to the starting spot. I thought it was funny when we got to that bp station and i heard some one say "ok pretty much everyone for them selves from here on" laughed my ass of because my first response was were am I? But found my way to logan with a few friends lol. It was a good ass time none the less.

due to group late start and no plans for half-way break, i rode the route but, not with the group. i left cols. at about noon. so as to have time for lunch break in mcconnelsville. by the time i finished lunch, the first group rode into town. i then rode on. i figured yall would catch me by the time i got to somerset. but i never saw anybody after that. oh well, stuff happens. next time have a predetermined half-way break. with ETA to be determined by slow group. fast group gets there first, so be it. they just get to take longer break than slow group. this way everybody gets to regroup for second half of ride. makes for more fun and less confusion. just my 2cents worth.
I thought we were doing the loop back to the starting spot. I thought it was funny when we got to that bp station and i heard some one say "ok pretty much everyone for them selves from here on" laughed my ass of because my first response was were am I? But found my way to logan with a few friends lol. It was a good ass time none the less.

my apologies, it was my fault not putting up the specific details as planned earlier. My idea was to post those final clear plans 2-3 days before the ride. but the weather messed every thing up. the ride resurrected so fast that i didnt get time to post the details.

anyways, by the time we stopped for gas we already lost the slow group at intersection, half the medium group went on to stop at restaurant and the rest of the riders had different ideas, plus sunlight was almost done, and every body started falling off separately, as far as i asked around every one/ or smaller group knew how to get home hence we proceeded to split up. Next time this wont happen for sure.

So this ended up being a Zombie Dream Ride since it died and came right back to life?! Awesome either way, been talking to folks about it ever since we got back. Stellar experience no matter how different it turned out from the initial idea. Gonna have to do this again in the late spring/early summer. I say we plan a 2 day event based out of some Hocking cabins so there's a close locale for us all to hit the hot tubs to reflect, recuperate, rinse, and repeat. 2 full days of riding down there would surely be twice the fun right?

• Upvote 1

I say we plan a 2 day event based out of some Hocking cabins so there's a close locale for us all to hit the hot tubs to reflect, recuperate, rinse, and repeat. 2 full days of riding down there would surely be twice the fun right?

In other words a poor man's Deal's Gap trip.:D I'm in!

In other words a poor man's Deal's Gap trip.:D I'm in!

perfect :D i am in too, others who dont want to spend that much money can just join at day break

Doc your dream made me fall even more in love with riding thanks! I say do this every year!

your welcome :) hope every one left that day like that, i saw another comment claiming somebody got introduced to "twisty sport riding" which is the best sport riding :D

So this ended up being a Zombie Dream Ride since it died and came right back to life?! Awesome either way, been talking to folks about it ever since we got back. Stellar experience no matter how different it turned out from the initial idea. Gonna have to do this again in the late spring/early summer. I say we plan a 2 day event based out of some Hocking cabins so there's a close locale for us all to hit the hot tubs to reflect, recuperate, rinse, and repeat. 2 full days of riding down there would surely be twice the fun right?

am in :D we will plan for next may, april if weather co operates, why early because i might be any where in the world by june end :((

Yep, next time we should try this earlier in the summer. :cheers:

true, we needed more sunlight to finish the ride perfectly

And I repeat, the best thing about the ride was, NO BAD EVENTS inspite of the large turn out. And i am guessing every body had fun. I am more than happy with it even if we closed the ride imperfectly :)

Doc the twisty comment was mine and honestly the combination of the people and the riding made the dream ride easily one of my best experiences on two wheels. Thanks to everyone involved and everyone that came out. It was really great meeting all of you.

Doc the twisty comment was mine and honestly the combination of the people and the riding made the dream ride easily one of my best experiences on two wheels. Thanks to everyone involved and everyone that came out. It was really great meeting all of you.

i couldnt agree more! I am so glad I went...i am ready to do it again.

Cool, 2013 DoubleDreamRide idea established.....we'll plan something up for April/May ( pending track rider schedules and holidays ) and post it up sometime after Christmas or NewYears for plenty of notice to all. Be nice to get Ben & Carrie in on this one too. There's a few places in Hocking Hills with several cabins grouped together, may be able to get a group rate for multiple units? I'll start on the homework. Hopefully it will be an epic one to send you off with Doc!

i was really hoping ben could come out for this, but he said he was unfortunately stuck some where :(

while we are throwing ideas around, ... even if we shooting for double day, one day should be made as the prime "THE DAY" so that those who can attend only one day can come out for that,