Dream Ride 2012: Feeler

NinjaDoc

first-small.gif

its with heavy heart i must post this, the whole purpose of this ride was to bring together every OR riders from all corners of ohio to one spot to enjoy the spirit of motorcycling, getting to meet every one was top priority and having a safe fun ride was the next one. At this point the safety and fun factor has dwindled down to next to none. till last moment i was hoping for some miracle to happen but it didnt. So officially i guess the dream ride is called off for this weekend so as not to make it a nightmare for someone and their family.

Really sorry for doing this every one, but if something goes wrong it will be too bad a memory to live with. If still interested we can give this a try next weekend, sat/sunday.

Now having said this, from NEO i dont think any body will be willing to take the risk of riding in rain and cold. If any one still wishes to ride down do let me know. If its not actively raining in am i plan to ride down to meet others from central and SWO. But one thing for sure, this weekend not at all a good day to have a fun ride. :(

Details:Even if officially ride called off, people who are willing to come out are going to keep the ride alive. but all meet time will be pushed back by another 1.5 hour from whats posted below.

so now we will be meeting in newark by 12:30 and ride by 1:30

Date: October 6 2012 Saturday. (oct 7 will be weather check date)

Place: Empty parking lot

1058 E. Main st.

Newark, Ohio 43055

Time: meet around 11:00 am, meet and greet and photo section, kick stand by 12:00

Route:

http://goo.gl/maps/OZB4j Loop of about 100 miles, those who wanna ride more can keep on riding,

Request:

Be ATGATT if possible, and try and sport a OR t shirt if you have one.

There is a BP gas station close by to the meeting spot to fill up before the meet.

Peripheral meet spots to ride to Newark

Central Meet Spot: Meet at 9:30 kick stand by 10:00

Quaker Steak and Lube

8500 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240

South West Meet spot : Meet at 8:30 kick stand by 9:00

Competition Accessories 343 W Leffel Lane Springfield, OH 45506

North West Meet spot: Meet around 7:30 Kick stand by 8:00

Circle K at 36024 Royalton Rd. (SR 82), Grafton, OH 44044

North East Meet spot: Meet around 7:00 kick stand by 7:30

BP Gas station, 586 main street, canfeild OH 44406

(where 11 meet 224)

North Central meet spot: Meet around 8:45 kick stand by 9:15

Diary queen/ Marthon station Exit 93 off 77

OH77 and OH 212

What is it?

A ride hoping to bring in as many active OR peeps into action. We share our joy, sorrow, trouble and life on this forum over internet. Why not just come out and share our common passion for one day that is motorcycling.

How does it work?

The equation is simple, ohio riders from different parts like SW , NEO etc organize group rides and ride out to a common location in central ohio. Here we have a brief meet and greet. Re organize our self and does a short loop together before we split off.

Where will it happen.?

Asking advice thru pm from some central folks as we speak, most prolly gonna be in Newark area where there is a big gas station and a big empty lot nearby. (eg GetGo and giant eagle lot) The ride route will be a loopof about 100 miles in coschocton area. After this the groups can decide whtr to carry on or split up. The different ride groups from different location will carry on the ride back to their region. Made it more central so folks from SW can also ride up. Last year it was in neo and still few south hard core team showed up. and we ended up riding south itself. so thought why not keep it at central and we all ride down there as part of ride itself.

What this is NOT

This wont be a cluster crap nor a parade. The groups will be split up according to their riding preference to smaller groups of 5- 7 riders doing the same route, the only place we all be a big group is the meet up and end of ride, Other wise it will be spaced out which is safer and fun. At least once in a life time i think its safe to take the chance and give this a try. Since most folks are the ones we know who believe in ATGATT and safe riding practice i am almost 100% sure this will be un eventful like last year. There wont be any cook out or eating etc. Simple plain hand shakes chit chat, drink some water, munch on a cereal bar and off we go to ride together.

Who is this for?

Anybody who enjoys a motorcycle and love to meet the rest of the ohio riders. sports bike, sport touring, cruisers every one can come out. I guarantee there will be a group you can ride with comfortable. If group ride is not your thing just ride out to the meet spot and hang out for few before you leave. If you have other obligations on that day, just come out meet and leave before the ride. You wanna put face to the names come on over. Personally being a visitor in this country OR has given me more friends and advices than my real life work. I have met and rode with a majority of active NEO riders, and I would love to meet and ride with all the rest of the folks before i leave next year :( . I have seen many hobbies and interests in OR and the only common thing we share is riding for sure. So just come out and have a ride thats all.

What do we gain?

Hard to explain i guess, to each their own. I would like to have the biggest OR group photo in riding gear of course and the best motorcycle video of my life. Last year i missed out recording the ride part because of simple mistake and the only reason i didnt kill myself with regret is because of busy work schedule :D So folks with go pros cameras, digital cameras, any cameras. come out and make this day memorable and lets share it for the next generation. Who knows how long we will be riding. And make some everlasting friendship, it was last year met with al z heimer whos been a best friend and riding mentor for me ever since. he lived close by and would not have met if not for this meet up thingy.

What happened in dream ride 2011?

Had a great time for me personally. Even though the weather played spoil sport many riders showed up. Inspite of being up north about 30+ riders came out and the smaller groups evolved by their own choice. the fast guys went ahead with their ride while the intermediate/ slow group enjoyed our own ride with a break in between. Met many a folks and it was a blast. There were no events except for the mirror of bad324. Hoping being more central in location we can have at least 50 riders this time. Like i said was just able to make the intro part of video :( not ride part :cry:

Big group ride may not be your cup of tea. Believe me not for me too, More than 5-6 is always hard to manage. But for one day just spent some time to meet up and take few pics and then resume the ride in the same pattern of smaller group thats all. I repeat the ride wont be a cluster crap nor parade, whtr its fast/ slow/ new riders/ cruisers/ you will find a group you will like to ride comfortable with. Last year there was no ego war, 80% of the riders opted to ride the slower/ intermediate paced group and had fun. Each group micro manage itself, dont have to wait or look out for other group riders to catch up etc

Finally sorry for this huge wall of text, huge thanks to every one that showed up last time on that overcast day to help make it work and making it a memorable day. Praying for the magic to happen again.

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 2

I'd love to go this time!! On the calendar :D

I've been enlisted to help :cool:

Per NinjaDoc's request

People who are in/maybe for the ride

1. Hutch,
  2. mykill,
  3. habi,
  4. dizzledan
  5. kmanlyst
  6. fizzer
  7. 2talltim
  8. cmh Sprint
  9. link,
  10. the brown57,
  11. hellmutt,
  12. snot,
  13. quick accord,
  14. anden
  15. rollnhot
  16. twowheelsnake
  17. ninjadoc
  18. al zheimer
  19. bad324
  20. connerot,
  21. CSC
  22. inyazz
  23. isaac papa
  24. jschaf
  25. mike53ali
  26. nautical1,
  27. sniper 308,
  28. suzuki star
  29. dying shadow
  30. rhill
  31. jdonn
  32. j copeland
  33. hailwood
  34. fiji 9 brother
  35. creep
  36. doom king
  37. mojocho
  38. tall tracy
  39. kent
  40. granada
  41. suzuki gsx
  42. bendougcarl
  43. timtheazn
  44. DAC
  45. Zachg91
  46. ninjachk08
  47. shep
  48. jbot
  49. 20thgix
  50. jdonn
  51. 600zz4eb
  52. Hoblick
  53. Jnor
  54. under PSI
  55. JohnG
  56. Keegan
  57. Brownsfan1
  58. jlhsv
  59. bowdog
  60. 216cityboy
  61. blue yamar6

Edited by TheBrown57
  • Upvote 2

put me down as a maybe. One suggestion is to pre-plan who is in what group this year

sure as the days go by we can try it, i also like that plan.

but eventually on that day people just choose and it evolves into as pauly described it :D

I'm in, depending on the weather and kids football schedule.

At that time of year, I have to worry about temps on the way out, and the way back in.

Edit: Having been on this type of ride before, I typically try to avoid them, because they most always turn into a management nightmare. LEO, late people, mechanical issues, idiots...etc.

My one suggestion would be to have the designated leaders and sweeps of each group exchange phone #'s, and those #'s be exchanged with you and at least one more person. That way in case something DOES come up on the way there, everyone standing around waiting knows what's going on.

Edited by InyaAzz

Now that Nivin has some trackdays under his belt, some of the "fast" guys might be able to get on camera for more than a handshake :p:D

hahahhaha :D i am gonna invest in another gopro if this works out and mount it up on some fast guys. Plus a DSLR with wide angle lens. for the group picture. 50 yrs from now it will look like this

Ramblers_1948_3.jpg

come on out justin, u dont have any miles on you this year if i remember right

I'd love to go but I work 6-11amat have class 12-2:50pm then a wedding to go to that day.

ah that gives you the right time to come out fr the meet be part of the group pic/ video etc. If possible bunk class and ride lol i did not say that loud did i :rolleyes:

I might come out for this

aha, finally i will get to see the shiny new toy :) we can meet in canfeild ( where we split of last year) and ride down to millersburg together.

I'm in, depending on the weather and kids football schedule.

At that time of year, I have to worry about temps on the way out, and the way back in.

Edit: Having been on this type of ride before, I typically try to avoid them, because they most always turn into a management nightmare. LEO, late people, mechanical issues, idiots...etc.

My one suggestion would be to have the designated leaders and sweeps of each group exchange phone #'s, and those #'s be exchanged with you and at least one more person. That way in case something DOES come up on the way there, everyone standing around waiting knows what's going on.

very true, will do that upfront and help minimize confusion.

But like i said, if the groups just micro manage, each small group of 7-8 riders max have one lead and sweep and take care of their group only. not to worry about the rest. It worked out last time well, the fast guys waited for us at a gas station in the middle of ride and off they went against to finish it off, while us scenic group took a lunch break and finished a relaxed ride. For some reason it works out well, and i think the reason is we all kinda know each other well thru forum and trust each other in the fact that we aint gonna do squidy stuff and mess it up for the rest. And i am sure each smaller group will evolve based on people who rode together before.

this was a success last year! lets just be sure we get the filming right! I'm in. and fyi. some people in your list sold their bikes, doc. hollywood is one of them

yea i remember her selling the sv :( was just hoping she might have some alternate plan for the day.

Havent seen you out in years, hopefully u can get out soon.

I'm game provided I don't have my kid.

hope to meet you there anden,

I'm definetly down for this weather permitting (fingers crossed). Got the gopro, and a DSLR for the main group shots.

awesome, hope to meet you there dan, the more go pros less chance of missing/ messing footage like last year :D

ok so I finally read it all.

1) 2 hour away meet up spot so early sours me but I'll still try to fit it in the schedule. I am a vagina when it comes to cold weather and long distances, after all Mexicans are not fond of the cold

b) not only my mirror but my poor, poor original excellent condition paint :(

iii) you picked a good saturday since OSU plays at 8pm