Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

bowdog, on 29 May 2013 - 1:06 PM, said:

says the geezer!!

Well duh. Didn't say I was in the young punk category. There will be some of those there too.

:lol: Bambi neg repped me for this comment. Hilarious.

I'd say we're good with the closure, looks like it reopens Thur morn at 0800. I got this email from Fontana

We are delighted you have chosen Fontana Village Resort for your upcoming travel to the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina.

This letter is to make you aware of some information we were recently provided by the North Carolina Department of Transportation.

Beginning on June 2, 2013, North Carolina Highway 28 North will be closed beginning Sunday night at 8:00 and will reopen Thursday, June 6th at 8:00 AM.

This closure will impact Highway 28 from just beyond the Northernmost entrance to Fontana Village all the way to where Highway 28 intersects US Hwy 129 at the location known as “Deals Gap.”

Access to the village will remain open for the duration of this road work. If you are traveling from points to our East or South, this work will likely not impact you. We still encourage you to confirm your route. However, if you are coming to us from the North or the West, we recommend you take the following measures to ensure your safe arrival to the resort.

If at all possible, plan to arrive the resort no later than 7:00 PM EDT. This will allow an extra hour for any unexpected delays.

If you are unable to arrive before 8:00 PM, there is a well marked detour route that will bring you in the resort’s “back door.” This route will take you past 28 on 129 South to roughly Tapoco where you will be directed across the mountain through Farley Branch, Rhymers Ferry, Fontana Heights, and into Fontana. This will add about 20 minutes to your trip.

Our recommendation would be that you take 129 South through Robbinsville and then pick up 143 to 28 back to the resort. This will add about 40 minutes to your trip.

The safety of our guests is one of our greatest considerations. While the official detour is perfectly safe, the route through Robbinsville is a much easier drive. This is particularly true if this is your first time visiting and/or if traveling at night.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist any time, 24 hours a day at 828.498.2211.

Warm Regards and Safe Travels,

The Staff and Management of Fontana

I really hope this forecast isn't accurate for Fontana. Yes I know the trip is a while out, just making sure I am ready for anything.

jk6gp6v.png

GTFO I said no weather talk!!!

• Upvote 1

my netted luggage always ends up falling down on my seat.  Doesn't matter how tight the netting is.  I might try some bungee cords with it.

Yeah, I could never rely on a net alone when I strap a duffel bag, etc to the bike. I used Bungie cords along with a net on my Bandit 600. I have soft bags on my 919 and if I need to carry more, I use Rok straps, they're a lot easier/quicker to set up than bungies.

my netted luggage always ends up falling down on my seat.  Doesn't matter how tight the netting is.  I might try some bungee cords with it.

Try some Rok-Straps :http://www.rokstraps.com/

Available everywhere and don't cost much either. Best thing about them is that they stay put and don't shift around on your luggage as they are flat - not round like bungees are. I've had a couple of sets for about 5 years and they're still good as new.